Comhaltas in Donabate?

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Nanny

Was wondering if a Comhaltas is being set up in Donabate or nearby? I heard there was. Anything that might cover set dancing, ceili, irish conversation etc Thanks
Beenthere

Think it’s in the process of being set up now. Saw it on the local newsletter - I’d imagine it’ll be up and running very soon.
NiamhM

Hi,

It is currently being set up, it is called Comhaltas Leithinis Donabate Portrane. There is a Facebook page with the name and some information.

We are currently trying figure out interest and numbers for classes. It is 20 euro per houshold to join regardless of how many are living in the household. Then there will be a small fee for classes. Hopefully classes will run every Monday evening in the educate together school. But obviously we need to know who is interested to organise classes. There will be an information/ joining booth outside SuperValu on April 13th and there is a slow session in Cafe Natural on April 14th from 11-13.00.
Nanny

Anyone know if this is set up yet? I’m interested in set dancing group and Irish speaking group if anyone knows of either of these in Donabate or locally? Thanks
Ken
Site Admin

They have a Facebook page as stated above - https://www.facebook.com/comhaltasleith ... teportrane
Regards,

Ken.
Nanny

Thanks 👍
Nanny

Had a look at their Facebook and seems to be instrument playing only if anyone has information on set dancing and Irish language groups I would appreciate it. Thanks
benson

There is an Irish for beginners class held on a Fri morning between 11.30-1.30 in Holywell Community Centre all are welcome in case it's of any interest to you.