Motor bike racing on Beaverstown road

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
beachboy

Hi

Anybody know who are the young guys are who appear to be racing a small petrol motor bike up and down the Beaverstown road??

They appear late at night to race their bike... Bloody nuicence and dangerous. Observed them racing on the pedestrian path a few times on the Beaverstown road, only a matter of time before they get themselves killed or kill someone else!!!
Ken
Site Admin

Did you report them to the Guards? It's important for statistics that this type of thing is reported.
Regards,

Ken.
beachboy

Hi Ken,

Yes the guards are called each time the young lads show up on their motor bike.. The response I get from the guards is that there is a car on the way... I have yet to see a garda car show up!!
Ken
Site Admin

I did see the Guards around Beaverstown road last night around 10.30 p.m. Good luck to them trying to catch kids on a motorbike.
Regards,

Ken.
Defcom

Im tired of this antisocial behaviour. Ive said it many times we as a community must come together and tackle this kind of thing together. I was close to going last night as the noise was terrible. I seen the 4 lads yesterday on the bike around 3.30 around beaverstown in general. Why why do we put up with this ?
beachboy

Over the past two weeks they seem to be using the Beaverstown road as there own race track... I believe they were initially using the motor bike over in the now closed Turvey golf club..

From what I have heard, the four young lads and their biker friend live at the very back of the Barnewall estate. I have made enquiries of who they are... so far people only recognise them to see due to the bike but do not know their names or who their parents are!!!!

Defcom you are right. The community needs to come together to put a halt to anti social behaviour in Donabate. The question is... what is the best way to go about it??? Without the need of a baseball bat and balaclava??? If you call the guards you have a better chance of Santa turning up!!! If you approach the offenders on your own you increase the chance of becoming another victim statistic?? What do you recommend??
micropoodle

Request an urgent meeting with the community guards. No doubt they know who these people are. If no meeting is forthcoming get in touch with the superintendent for the area.

I'd imagine the community garda I will respond though
beachboy

Hi Micropoodle,

I used to know the community guards over the years but when Fianna Fail were in power before Enda's crowd took over they did away with community garda stations and reduced garda numbers. The fall out of this was no garda resources to connect with the local communities i.e no community garda!! If we do have one, then I have no idea who that garda is....

But thanks for your solution... will look into it. ☺
Ken
Site Admin

No sign of them last night or today from what I can see. Maybe they got sense or the Guards caught up with them.
Regards,

Ken.
Defcom

Heres hoping ken
RoverMEover

Fingers crossed that the guards got them!!!!
jack white

I didn't know this was a regular occurrence but there were about 4 kids on the Beaverstown Road last night taking turns to ride a very small, very noisy hairdryer on wheels. I was out for a walk when I spotted them. Their fun didn't last too long because the bike seemed to break down. Last I saw was one of them trying, and failing, to kickstart the hairdryer just outside the entrance to Cois Inbhir.
Defcom

Ok thanks jack. So there bike is broken down for the moment. So theyll be back
Thomasmurray9

Yous would complain no matter what they done
Even if they had it in fields yous would still have problems
Yous will never be happy with what they do
Few young lads trying to have a bit of fun why don't yous get up from and ask them to move to a field or try and get them somewhere safe for the bikes
Defcom

No Thomas. Ive no proplem with them playing football. Running around. Hanging out. I have a major issue with them operating a motorcycle with no tax no insurance. Endangering the lives of people just going about there business (my kids my wife my mother), Other road users. Older people afraid to walk past them cause there also using the paths as speedways and the fact that all i want is to go to sleep after a hard days work with my bedroom window slightly open. But i cant as the constant tinny drone of the 2 stock motor gos right throught my house with the windows closed. So Thomas as a fellow human being have a heart. Also try lookup on google ( broken window theory ) its exactly whats happening here in donabate
Mainman

I approched the young lads (Absolute legends the lot of them) yesterday at about 9pm and they were all lovely young fellas and were extremely reasonable, One lad even offered me his watch for my car and i'd be lying to say i wasn't tempted to take the watch.

but after a while of watching them go up and down the road I start to realize they are all absolute f**king pilots on that bike. best drivers ive ever seen hands down
Ken
Site Admin

Locking this. I think everyone's had their say at this stage and it's obviously attracting trolls.
Regards,

Ken.