Donabate Dads : Warhammer 40k KT

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
fingal40

Just a shout out to any Dads of a certain age that are getting back into Warhammer 40k or 40k KT or Necromunda having raised a few kids and found its ok to break back into the hobby again. Checking if theres any interest in some local games rather than trekking into town to Gamer World or GW. Anyone working on any new game tables? New Armies? Or any Killteam campaigns?
NoseDiver

Hi mate, I’ve been playing in Gamer’s for years now, Necromunda, Bolt Action, FoW, amongst other things. The new edition has inspired me to start a Custodes army, even though I haven’t played 40k since 6th Ed. It’d be good to get a few local games in.
ChrisMehigan

Hi Folks, I’d be very happy to join in. Have been doing some great work getting stuff painted during lockdown. My gaming group is quite spread out so we only get into town to play occasionally. Although before lock down hit I was managing a fairly regular Thursday night Warhammer Underworlds in GW. I also ran an underworlds competition in January in gamersworld.

In addition to Warhammer Underworlds:

I play kill team, and have done a bit of 8th edition WH40k. I’m building up a blood angels army for 9th edition. Have organised a small escalation league.

I also play Warcry, and probably have the start of an age of Sigmar sylvaneth army.

Also play Blood Bowl and Aeronautica Imperialis. I have a copy of Blackstone Fortress which would be fun to break out. Just the base game (for now).

For non GW games I do also play a bit of Frostgrave, with second edition arriving after the summer I’m looking forward to that.

Would be very interested in trying out some games locally. Maybe if there is a group of us we can look to rent out the space in the community centre some evening?

All the best,
Chris
NoseDiver

ChrisMehigan wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 17:26 Would be very interested in trying out some games locally. Maybe if there is a group of us we can look to rent out the space in the community centre some evening?

All the best,
Chris
That would be a great idea. It might inspire me to get the mobile board I’ve been meaning to build for years actually done.
ChrisMehigan

Just going this a bump to see if any others interested or how can we make arrangements for some games.
Ant Brown

Hi there,
My wife has just pointed this out to me. I would be up for some games some time as I have got back into the hobby.
Mainly into the smaller scale stuff these days.
Have been ramping up my blood bowl collection recently, but also have aeronautica imperialis, warcry, adeptus titanicus and the original 95 warhammer quest.
So basically, if anyone wants an opponent for any of the above, then let me know. It will make me pull my finger out and get more stuff painted too! :D :
ChrisMehigan

Great stuff. Sent you a direct message through the forums.
NoseDiver

I recently started back in a Necromunda campaign in Gamer’s if anyone is interested. Good bunch of lads, very open to anyone that hasn’t played before.
ChrisMehigan

Thanks. Sent you a message through the forums.
NoseDiver

Now that covid appears to be over, I’m wondering if anyone is interested in revisiting plans to get some local gaming going at some stage soon?