Advice Please - Dog Barking Issue

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
missy

Hi. There is a dog in one of the houses behind us in Cois Inbhir that barks a lot. I cant see the dog so I dont know what breed it is but it sounds very much like a large dog as it has a very loud bark. The owners seem to let it out late at night, presumably to go to the toilet, but it barks for anything up to 30 minutes when it is outside. Last night for example after 11pm it was barking loudly for about 15 to 20 minutes. This happens almost every night. It also barks a lot every day during the day. Sometimes there seems to be two dogs together. they seem to play/play fight together and are really loud also when that happens. This can be late at night as well.

has anyone any advice as to what I can do? i'm a non confrontational sort of person in general and I dont know the people who own the dog. Are there any regulations around barking dogs or do I just have to suck it up?
thank you
M
gruffalo

You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.
CaseyE

I feel your pain if it was the same dogs on ladies beach earlier. Two big black and white juvenile dogs. Met them in walk through woods on walk down and nearly knocked down my elderly mother. Could only see kids with them then. Followed on to ladies beach with two sets of owners. (Dogs seem same age & breed). Ran amok on beach, owners oblivious. Annoying people, barking really loudly, running for other dogs. The owners didn’t seem the sharpest (kids went swimming fully clothed!). When they left, a green plastic bag of dog poo was left behind). Good luck with your problem, I hope it’s not the same people