State of the roads in the area

jayflame

I'd say another couple of years.

Due to condition of roads and personal safety sharing roads with construction traffic, I have given up cycling around the peninsular.
I grew up in London so am very used to bad roads and drivers, but I've had far too many near misses.
It takes the pleasure out of cycling.

Longing for the bypass to be completed.
Derek

Yeah the roads are in an absolute mess. The water supply is fickle and possible contaminated. We’ve had excessive construction traffic for large estates and that hospital for an intolerable period,.

But has anyone noticed just how bad the traffic is from morning till night? It’s backed all the way from the Priory to those cursed lights on the bridge. One of my neighbors is on the community council and tells me they lodged a complaint with the council about the duration those lights stay red (it’s far longer than necessary) and this is making the traffic much worse. Apparently the council has done nothing since then, nor does it seem our local elected reps. If your door is knocked on by prospective election candidates then tell them in no uncertain terms how our town is being f*cked over, and in all likelihood, representatives from their party are contributing to this by not calling out and actively fighting against the hassle and hardship this peninsula is being subjected to.

If you don’t stand up, it’s going to get worse.
Vlad the Impaler

... and of course the drainage problem around the parish hall.