Increased Garda presence in Donabate recently?

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
albert

Hi,

Has anybody else noticed we've had a few Garda patrolling the streets recently?

Great to see it. I know we really need our own station, but it's comforting to know they're there...
dearg11

Yeah it's great isn't it ,and they're even fixing the Aleppo style potholes at the end of Turvey Avenue at the moment....strange you would think there were a few sweating people worried about elections or something
aoifey

albert wrote: 15 May 2019, 00:01 Hi,

Has anybody else noticed we've had a few Garda patrolling the streets recently?

Great to see it. I know we really need our own station, but it's comforting to know they're there...
i havent noticed any. same as i havent noticed any for the last 20 years or so.
if you are seeing an increase, don't worry, i'm sure normal levels will resume once the election is over
Links

Hopefully it’s to deal with the gangs hiding along Hearse road and throwing rocks at cars. My wife came home very upset last weekend as massive rocks were thrown at her car at full speed. Could be life threatening.

They may be youths and the law will only go so far but as a community the time to take action is not too far away.
Cathal

dearg11 wrote: 15 May 2019, 13:38 Yeah it's great isn't it ,and they're even fixing the Aleppo style potholes at the end of Turvey Avenue at the moment....
The Garda are fixing potholes, that’s great, I never seen them do that before
albert

Cathal wrote: 20 May 2019, 20:14
dearg11 wrote: 15 May 2019, 13:38 Yeah it's great isn't it ,and they're even fixing the Aleppo style potholes at the end of Turvey Avenue at the moment....
The Garda are fixing potholes, that’s great, I never seen them do that before
I don't think that's what she was referring to 🙂