New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Kitty

I’ve bought a house recently in Beresford and expect to be moving in the next couple of months.
Im thinking about getting a proper shower in the main bathroom (as opposed to the standard hose that will be put in?), spotlights in the kitchen as well as a few other minor alterations. Did anybody on here have any difficulties getting minor electrical work done before the house was completed?
I understand that the company that does the flooring onsite is very reputable but was wondering could posters who have used other flooring companies let me know who they went with and what their experiences were for price comparison purposes?

Many Thanks,
Kitty
Kitty

Hi,

We are just looking around at blinds at the moment for the house. Any recommendations for companies or types of blinds? When we’re driving around the estate we noticed quite a few people have shutters put in. Those of you who got the shutters would you recommend them over the standard roller blinds?
RPB81

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone has contacts for the slar panels? I have one but cannot figure it out (based in Beverton) and nothing found thorugh a google search or asking electrician / plumber..
ppoppa

Kitty wrote: Did anybody on here have any difficulties getting minor electrical work done before the house was completed?
I understand that the company that does the flooring onsite is very reputable but was wondering could posters who have used other flooring companies let me know who they went with and what their experiences were for price comparison purposes?
Hora will not do any electrical works done before you have the keys. PM me and I can give you the number of a very good electrician who is on site a lot, he has done all our electric works (knows the Beresford House very well).

RE: Flooring companies the one the site office recommends is very good he did all our flooring and carpets. Most floor fitters have a standard price to install per sq yard ask him what is price is on this then compare with price on tradesmenonline.ie;
"the average cost for laying a semi-solid wooden floor came in at€22 per sq yard, with prices in Dublin starting at this rate and varying up to €35 euro per sq yard depending on the type of wood used."
Mr.Local

Hi, I am looking at purchasing a property in Beresford. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the noise transfer is like in the buildings? Can you hear adjoining neighbours or are they pretty soundproof?

Thanks
ppoppa

Emmeth2017 wrote:Hi All

Wondering if anyone has noticed the ventilation in some of the rooms impacting heat retention? Especially when the wind outside picks up. Front bedrooms and downstairs toilet and utility are noticeably colder than the rest of the house and looks like it’s to do with the vents. Is this normal for an a3 rated house? Is it worth going back to the builder about it?

Thanks
The problem is is the fan vent not the passive vent. You need to get a EXTERNAL FLAP WALL VENT in B&Q https://www.diy.com/departments/manrose ... icamp=recs not this exact one measure your vent outlet on the the external wall for both fans in the bathroom and utility room.

We did and now the bathroom and utility rooms are fine
Apples16

Mr.Local wrote:Hi, I am looking at purchasing a property in Beresford. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the noise transfer is like in the buildings? Can you hear adjoining neighbours or are they pretty soundproof?

Thanks
It's very good, we can't hear the neighbours at all, wouldn't know they're there.
We moved in about a year ago & are delighted with the house
Mr.Local

Thanks for the reply. The build quality does seem to be good. We are looking at the 3 bed C style Terrace houses in the next phase. Anyone have any details on these?

Many thanks
ovidiuz

Mr.Local wrote:Thanks for the reply. The build quality does seem to be good. We are looking at the 3 bed C style Terrace houses in the next phase. Anyone have any details on these?

Many thanks
A new phase should launch in a couple of months, according to Hora. Bear in mind they haven't started sending out contracts for the current phase yet (the one launched on February), so it might be worth putting your name on the cancellation list if that suits. The current phase has an estimated completion date by the end of the year, so if you plan on going for the next phase, you'll most certainly be looking at Q1 2019 and beyond to move in.
Mr.Local

Thanks for the update. Yea we have our name down and think it will be early next year before completion. Does anyone have any recommendations for solicitors and what their cost was? I understand that solicitors provide a fixed fee now instead of an hourly rate. A good solicitor would be great so not to slow down things.

Thanks
Kitty

ppoppa wrote:
Kitty wrote: Did anybody on here have any difficulties getting minor electrical work done before the house was completed?
Hora will not do any electrical works done before you have the keys. PM me and I can give you the number of a very good electrician who is on site a lot, he has done all our electric works (knows the Beresford House very well).

RE: Flooring companies the one the site office recommends is very good he did all our flooring and carpets. Most floor fitters have a standard price to install per sq yard ask him what is price is on this then compare with price on tradesmenonline.ie;
"the average cost for laying a semi-solid wooden floor came in at€22 per sq yard, with prices in Dublin starting at this rate and varying up to €35 euro per sq yard depending on the type of wood used."

Thanks for the information will PM you.
RunningAround

Hi all

Can anyone who bought in the previous releases tell me if the completion month they were given was accurate? If not how long was it pushed out by roughly?

Thanks
Kerryblowins

Ours was quite close. Out by 2 weeks or so.
RunningAround

Thanks, that’s great to know it’s roughly on time!
Carv

Has anyone used the Cat 5e cabelling yet for having wired ethernet internet in the house? I just noticed that the cabelling is included in the house behind the TV sockets and I am looking to get it extended to the attic.

Hopefully I get the completion date this week too. Exciting times.

Thanks
Carv
Apples16

RunningAround wrote:Hi all

Can anyone who bought in the previous releases tell me if the completion month they were given was accurate? If not how long was it pushed out by roughly?

Thanks
Regretfully not, we were told Feb, turned out to be end April
cbc

Yeah i got a feb date too but it looks like sometime in May now, so a little over 2 months out.
RunningAround

Thanks for the replies all! We have been given a September date but I’m now thinking it might be later... :shock:
Stella

Mr.Local wrote:Thanks for the update. Yea we have our name down and think it will be early next year before completion. Does anyone have any recommendations for solicitors and what their cost was? I understand that solicitors provide a fixed fee now instead of an hourly rate. A good solicitor would be great so not to slow down things.

Thanks
Hi there we would highly recommend Eamonn Walsh Lower Abbey ST really efficient and great price
rataan

Carv wrote:Has anyone used the Cat 5e cabelling yet for having wired ethernet internet in the house? I just noticed that the cabelling is included in the house behind the TV sockets and I am looking to get it extended to the attic.

Thanks
Carv
I have used it. What specifically do you want to know about it?
Carv

rataan wrote:
Carv wrote:Has anyone used the Cat 5e cabelling yet for having wired ethernet internet in the house? I just noticed that the cabelling is included in the house behind the TV sockets and I am looking to get it extended to the attic.

Thanks
Carv
I have used it. What specifically do you want to know about it?
Who did you use to wire the ports? Do you have a central switch that sends internet to the ports?

Did you get a port installed in the attic?

I want to have internet devices wired instead of relying on wireless.

Thanks for the response :)
rataan

Carv wrote: Who did you use to wire the ports? Do you have a central switch that sends internet to the ports?

Did you get a port installed in the attic?

I want to have internet devices wired instead of relying on wireless.

Thanks for the response :)
I wired the cables and ports myself. You don't need to hire somebody to do it, you would definitely be able to do it yourself, it's very easy. You just need the tools (punch, crimper and signal tester). You can buy a kit with all 3 for less than 20 euro on Ebay.

All of the cables terminate in a junction box under the stairs. If you wanted to, you could just plug them into a hub to connect them all together. I have not done that yet though, because for the moment all I wanted to do was have a direct wired connection between my router in the attic and the port in the sitting room.

The builder did not supply a cable in the attic. If it's not too late for you, maybe try to request that he put one in. If he won't, each bedroom has an Ethernet cable behind the tv socket. I was able to put my own port into the attic by connecting it to the cable from one of the bedrooms.

Hope this helps, Carv. If you need more information, send me a direct message. This is very easy to do yourself. Don't waste your money hiring somebody.
cbc

Hi has anyone used the tiler recommended by Hora? I'm assuming this recommendation is different to the person who tiled the bathrooms in the house but maybe they sub contract to him.
Thanks in advance
Apples16

cbc wrote:Hi has anyone used the tiler recommended by Hora? I'm assuming this recommendation is different to the person who tiled the bathrooms in the house but maybe they sub contract to him.
Thanks in advance

Assuming it's Cyril Halton, yes. We used him & found him very good. Hard working (got it done quickly with no fuss) & did excellent work. Happy to recommend him.
TheBlowIn

I did something very similar to rataan with the CAT5e cables, but replaced the understairs cable box with a small patch panel instead. Easier to do all the wiring in one job, then just plug in a switch later as required.

Mainscourt Electrical in Swords do Ethernet wall jacks etc. fairly cheaply, but you're better off getting tools online.