Blinds wanted

Items for sale or wanted in the Donabate/Portrane area
Forum rules
Alcohol or tobacco products may not be sold on the forum. If what you want to buy or sell is illegal in the real world, then it's illegal here also.

The forum Administrators are not responsible for any items bought or sold on the forum. If you have an issue with a seller or buyer, please communicate with them by PM. Moderators/Administrators will not get involved in any disputes.
Aster

Hi

I'm looking for a set of blinds for a rented house in Beverton. Sitting room window is 241 cm wide. Would be delighted to buy a second-hand one if someone is upgrading!

Thanks
Bill_Lumbergh
Site Admin

I bought blackout blinds for a velux in our attic from skyliteblinds.ie (it redirects to a .co.uk site). They were very reasonable and they take measurements for normal windows also.

Might be worth a look!
Aster

Thanks for that, Bill...will check it out!
pop

Hi. I have a set of wooden venetian blinds in great condition for sale. Your sitting room window measurement looks very big tho....our sitting room main window is 204cm wide, then 2 side bits.
thanks.
Aster

Thanks so much! We just remeasured and its definately 240 cm.
Last edited by Aster on 11 Nov 2012, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
Ken
Site Admin

We used Hillary's blinds in the past. Many of our windows are large also. They did us 3 wooden blinds. One around 240 cm and two small bathroom blinds all for around €350. They're worth looking at.

http://www.hillarys.ie
Regards,

Ken.
Aster

Thanks for that, Ken... was hoping to get away with a bit (lot) less as it's a rented house.
Pop, are you in Beverton by any chance?
pop

Yeah, We are in Beverton. What part of Beverton are you in?
Aster

We're in a four bed in the older part of the estate.... huge windows. I imagine our BER rating is pretty poor. :(
Aster

Still trying to source a sitting room blind that measures 240cm across in case anyone has one for sale.
p0pch1ck

Hi Aster,

Just spotted your (quite old) post now and thought it might be worth your while going to Ikea. They do very large blinds that you can cut to size - not expensive either (about EUR 27 if I remember correctly...though don't hold me to that) - look up their website. I have done blackouts for my sons rooms and have non-blackouts to be put up for other bedrooms.

Regards,
p0pchc1ck
Aster

:o :o Thanks p0pch1ck - I went to Ikea first but their largest size was slightly too small.
Am now considering installing two smaller blinds. Had anyone done that? Would appreciate advice on this. Prices for a blind this size are rather outrageous!
Bill_Lumbergh
Site Admin

Aster wrote::o :o Thanks p0pch1ck - I went to Ikea first but their largest size was slightly too small.
Am now considering installing two smaller blinds. Had anyone done that? Would appreciate advice on this. Prices for a blind this size are rather outrageous!
You'd need to make sure their fittings are to the ceiling, and not to the sides of the window if you're gonna try to do this!
Aster

Bill_Lumbergh wrote:
Aster wrote::o :o Thanks p0pch1ck - I went to Ikea first but their largest size was slightly too small.
You'd need to make sure their fitting are to the ceiling, and not to the sides of the window if yu're gonna try to do this!
o

Thanks, Bill - Much appreciated!
Aster

Me again, just wanted to update and say that BG Blinds from Skerries sorted us out with a new blind a reasonable price. Highly recommend for quality and especially, service. Ring them on 01 849 3500 for a quote.