Local Elections 2014

All political discussion belongs in here!
AlanD

Ouch. That was worse than I thought. The moron transfer to Devitt was massive
Ken
Site Admin

FF even did well from a far left candidate which makes no sense. Not looking good for Dowling.
Regards,

Ken.
AlanD

For Bob it's down to whether people can figure out whether they are angrier with FG being in charge of the mess or FF for making it. But the latter requires a greater-than childlike level of recall - he's sunk
AlanD

Anyone know how far these numbers differ from Saturday's?
Ken
Site Admin

Not a huge amount. Collins requested the recount as it was so close and he's next to go. Only 8 votes between him and Dowling.
Regards,

Ken.
jack white

Only 5 votes between Henchy and Hennessy in the battle for the FF seat.

The Donabate vote might swing it for Henchy as the Collins votes are transferred. Collins is from the FF gene pool so there's two reasons that Henchy might cadge a few votes from him.
AlanD

Collins gone.
This is it for bob, make or break.
AlanD

Bob's trumped Hennessy. Go bob!
AlanD

Bob needs to gain 13 on smith from Hennessy transfers to make it over the line. Would be a heartbreaker to come in 10th
Ken
Site Admin

Bob did better from Collins that I thought he would. He's hanging in there. It's right down to the wire.
Regards,

Ken.
jack white

Hennessy's transfers will surely go more to Dowling than Smith. After all, FF and FG are just two different wings of the same party. That would give Donabate/Portrane 3 councillors now that Mulville and Henchy are uncatchable.

Of course, this election is making little sense so that prediction could go right out the window.

Devitt home and dry. Truly the idiot vote is very high around here. Her presence on the Council makes it impossible to take the election, or the people who voted, seriously.
Donabate Hatter

Jack White wrote
Truly the idiot vote is very high around here. Her presence on the Council makes it impossible to take the election, or the people who voted, seriously.
It may be true that a lot of idiots voted for her, but I don't think its fair to say that you can't take anyone who voted seriously, thats tarring everyone with the same brush!!! and some of us most certainly did not vote for her or put anywhere on our list of perferences.
AlanD

Something's going on. Recounting transfers?
Ken
Site Admin

AlanD wrote:Something's going on. Recounting transfers?
Possibly, it's so tight. However, I'm not sure what the rule is in terms of requesting recounts. We've already had one total recount up to just before this stage and nothing changed from what I can see.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Bob didn't make it. He's next to go. Henchy is in.
Regards,

Ken.
jack white

Bob's missed out by 33 votes. Smith got the last seat. Henchy jumped up to third in the end after cleaning up on Hennessy's transfers. Mulville a respectable 6th.

HArd luck Bob but FG only got 7% of the vote in this word so Labour on 11% probably deserved that last seat.

Overall:

Independents got 5 FF got 2 and there was one each for Labour and SF.

Unlucky Bob. 10th is the worst place to finish.
AlanD

Well done Paul Mulville. Gutted for Bob - Devitt pulled a number again
AlanD

Do Henchy's excess get redistributed? Maybe it's not over
Ken
Site Admin

AlanD wrote:Do Henchy's excess get redistributed? Maybe it's not over
Not sure. We could also be looking at a partial recount.
Regards,

Ken.
jack white

Hang on a minute. I may have called it too soon. Henchy has a surplus and they will have to be distributed before Bob is eliminated. He's not dead yet. There's a gap to make up but if Henchy's transfers go geographically Bob has a chance. It would be a steal if FG took a seat with just 7% but it might happen.
Ken
Site Admin

jack white wrote:Hang on a minute. I may have called it too soon. Henchy has a surplus and they will have to be distributed before Bob is eliminated. He's not dead yet. There's a gap to make up but if Henchy's transfers go geographically Bob has a chance. It would be a steal if FG took a seat with just 7% but it might happen.
And I was just about to head off to bed. I'll sit tight so.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

According to journal.ie, Swords has finalised the count and will make an announcement shortly.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Done deal. Bob didn't make it:

Elected Count
BUTLER, DARRAGH 1
COPPINGER, EUGENE 17
DEVITT, ANNE 17
HENCHY, ADRIAN 16
LYNAM, PHILIP 1
MULVILLE, PAUL 17