ET SCHOOL IN THE NEWS

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
mammy2

The ET school in Lucan was in the Newspaper for widespread bullying of students by other students on a trip to Donegal. Imagine I thought the likes did not takes place in ET Land. What is the world coming to! How will they MO there way out of this I wonder !
JohnPaulTheTenth

You seem very happy about it. Each to their own, I suppose.
Yours Sincerely, JPX
diggerbarnes

Some kids were handcuffed and abused and you almost sound happy it happened so you can use it as ammunition. Classy.
Mr. Stupid

Outrageous sinister, vindictive attitude from Mammy2. You are dropped from the second test.
mammy2

Please no abuse ! I am entitled to wonder how this could allegedly have taken place in wonderful ET land
Mr. Stupid

"Please no abuse" and "wonderful ET Land". Only a trolls can contradict themselves in the same sentence.
mammy2

No one is allowed to question ET Moo Moo
Mr. Stupid

You are not questioning. Just trolling.
Aster

"I am entitled"
Says it all really, doesn't it?
mammy2

The ET herd are not happy.
moo moo
Ken
Site Admin

Constructive as ever mammy2.
Regards,

Ken.
mammy2

Ken do you give that reply to all the postings,
bear

mammy2 if one of your own children suffered in a way the other et kids did i wonder what your reaction would be ? :?
Ken
Site Admin

mammy2 wrote:Ken do you give that reply to all the postings,
No.
Regards,

Ken.
mammy2

If the site is open to all information even if you disagree with it there would not be a need for your reply. I have noticed this reply was not given to any of the other postings, although they were rants about how wonderful xxxxx school was.
Aster

Are you suggesting that Ken is not entitled to express his views on this site?
mammy2

My only wish is all subjects are treated equally. When some individuals have a dislike of a posting they attack the individual. This practise has not being stopped these postings have not being removed. Some of the previous postings on this site were rants to promote certain type of an education establishment. One post had a person name as the title. These were all considered acceptable as freedom of speech. However, when I reported what allegedly, and I will say again allegedly happened in a certain school. I was attacked by a certain group who are followers of that movement. I asked a simple question if that movement is so wonderful how could this have happened ?
DonabateLifer

With all due respect, you are being disingenuous mammy2. You didn't just simply ask a question, you got a gleeful little dig in at ET, presumably because you have a dislike of the ethos or the people that send their children to the school.

ET schools are subject to all the same problems as any other school -bullying, behavioural problems -zero difference. The majority of parents who send their children to ET schools do so because they like the ethos and have heard positive, word of mouth experence from others that have sent their chidren there.

For every over zealous advocate of the ET school in Donabate, you will unearth at least two others sniping in the long grass, making ignorant, crass comments about the school and it has been that way since its establishment. What bothers me about this, is the way children pick up on it, creating an 'us and them' mentality in the minds of young kids, all created by the parents attitudes.

I am glad you found it some way amusing and satisfying that bullying goes on in ET schools - and of course, your freedom of speech gives you the right to feel that way and express it. But those of us who find your comment crass, petty and ignorant have a right to express how we feel also.
Derek

And yet another newbie arrives with a screamer of a first post.... :roll:
DonabateLifer

You are right Derek - I am a newbie. And having just read some previous threads, I shouldn't have bothered replying to mammy2. A seasoned poster would have spotted the trolling a mile away. I will learn. Give me some time...
mammy2

freedom of speech for all. ET have no problem ranting on about other schools in Donabate. When anyone dares question their wonderful movement's ethos all hell breaks loose, attack! attack! no one is allowed to question ET.
micropoodle

I've stayed quiet on this long enough. Is this troll going to get a warning or a ban or is this site going to turn into a farce?

For the record my kids are not in ET but I don't have any opinion positive or negative on ET. So long as my kids are getting a good education, wherever that may be then I'm happy.

I'm now ignoring a certain poster so ear that in mind if you're replying to me as I wont see it
mammy2

Attack! Attack! Where is the freedom of speech for all
richard dawkins

mammy2 wrote:Attack! Attack! Where is the freedom of speech for all
Create your own web forum for your own free speech. While here, quit acting the troll, stick by the rules or get lost.
gremlin

Why is Mammy2 frequently using the phrase 'Moo Moo'? Maybe its mad cow disease :lol: