Community Meeting - Beverton Gate - Wednesday 7th February

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Bluezar

Tomorrow Wednesday the 7th February our public meeting goes ahead in Keelings Bar starting at 7.30pm sharp. We have moved the meeting to the back bar in Keelings to allow more space and seating for the expected crowd. This archaic gate has been in place for far too long and it is time for it to go.
A big crowd tomorrow night is absolutely imperative if this campaign is to be successful. We have a number of Councillors, TD’s and LEA attending the meeting and we need the residents of Donabate turning up and showing our elected (and potential elected) officials that the huge majority of our village want this gate removed.
I encourage all to get down to Keelings tomorrow night and bring a family member/neighbour/friend with you!
Spider

How did the meeting go? I had intended to be there but got held up elsewhere
gruffalo

Spider wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 10:02 How did the meeting go? I had intended to be there but got held up elsewhere
I can only assume they all walked home via Turvey Ave.
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.
Bluezar

Spider wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 10:02 How did the meeting go? I had intended to be there but got held up elsewhere
Hi Spider,

It went fantastic thankfully. We had a huge crowd of over 100 people turn up so clear to see people have had enough of this ridiculous gate separating residents from the village.
We have a whatsapp group which has a lot of members and keeps everyone up to date on this so if you want to drop me your number in a DM I can add you in.

Thanks,
Patrick
Spider

Thanks for the update Patrick. I'm delighted there was a big turnout, hopefully this signals a change on the horizon.

Spider
Spider

How do I send a dm?
Beenthere

Spider wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 10:18 How do I send a dm?
Just click on the person's name Spidervand it should bring you into a separate page where you can send a private comment.
Spider

Thanks