Corballis East/Ballymastone developments

GaryF

Hi all,
Myself and my partner are really keen to buy in Donabate for a number of reasons including family living nearby, but having been ridiculously outbid on any second hand homes in the area we're pinning our hopes on the new developments in the area that are getting underway.
While I fully support the need for social housing it's very frustrating for private first-time buyers like ourselves to see the likes of Lanestown View being sold off entirely for social housing without a single home in that development going to private buyers. I know there was a lot of discussion (and objection) on this forum & locally regarding the level of social/affordable housing going into Corballis & Ballymastone so wanted to check if anyone here has any local knowledge on what that actual agreed figure is and how much of these new developments will be made available to private buyers?
From what I've seen online it looks like Railway Lane and Balmoston are due to begin construction this year, has anyone heard of a date for initial completions on these?
Minnie85

GaryF wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 15:48 Hi all,
Myself and my partner are really keen to buy in Donabate for a number of reasons including family living nearby, but having been ridiculously outbid on any second hand homes in the area we're pinning our hopes on the new developments in the area that are getting underway.
While I fully support the need for social housing it's very frustrating for private first-time buyers like ourselves to see the likes of Lanestown View being sold off entirely for social housing without a single home in that development going to private buyers. I know there was a lot of discussion (and objection) on this forum & locally regarding the level of social/affordable housing going into Corballis & Ballymastone so wanted to check if anyone here has any local knowledge on what that actual agreed figure is and how much of these new developments will be made available to private buyers?
From what I've seen online it looks like Railway Lane and Balmoston are due to begin construction this year, has anyone heard of a date for initial completions on these?
Few new houses have gone up for sale in Donabate in last few weeks, Semple Woods is also another new development
blowin1

just having a gander on Daft.ie for a relative who's also interested in buying in Donabate, I see 22 houses still up for sale in Semple Woods, they've been on the market for some time, but at close to half a million, they are probably out of range for alot of people.

No idea of the other up and coming developments