Slow down campaign/Distributor Road

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Macktheknife

The current Garda “slow down” campaign does not seem to appeal to drivers on the Distributor Road. Yea it’s a pain for some that it’s only 60 on this “empty” road but that is its speed limit and some of us “saddos” do stick to it. That doesn’t give anyone the right to pass out on a bend (happened this morning) just because you’re annoyed the car in front is not going faster than the speed limit.
gruffalo

I have only seen the Garda on the Distributor Rd once doing speed checks and even then I am sure they were only standing with the speed gun out to scare people rather than actively pulling people for speeding.

I know I am a "saddo" as well but you are right, there are people taking chances with overtakes that are just not needed.
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.
RJS

I also stick to the speed limit, I put the cruise control on and just let everyone do what they have to. I generally end up behind them at the lights and smile.
gruffalo

RJS wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 16:14 I also stick to the speed limit, I put the cruise control on and just let everyone do what they have to. I generally end up behind them at the lights and smile.
Exactly what I do, as soon as I exit the roundabout onto Herse Rd I set my limiter to 60KPH max and drive along. I have twice had people try pass me on the Distributor Rd at bends who have had to abandon the pass as there is oncoming traffic. This is going to be a road basically going through a housing estate in the coming years, people need to recognise this otherwise, our friend the speed bump will no doubt be deployed.
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.