WARNING Drunks on beach lane & living in same area.

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Kcam

I have been working in portrane these last 3 weeks. I have noticed on several occasions drunken men on the beach and staggering around beach lane at midday. One man whom I met had urinated and soiled himself and was carrying a large bag of alcohol, this was at midday. A friend told me that her little girls were walking to the shop and this man was leering at them, they ran away very upset. Someone in the area is clearly supplying these men with accommodation. They are obviously not employed with such addictions, I also notice that they are non-nationals. This is and always has been a safe, family oriented area where kids and elderly people can feel safe. I fear that these people could potentially threaten the safety of people in this beautiful area.
BateBoy

So, in summary, these guys are foreign, unemployed, leery and drunkards, We should immediately unite against this horror. Folks round these parts don’t take too kindly. to these types. I have some flaming torches and some pitch forks if you would like to establish an angry mob?

Let me know, I’m free most evenings and can make some very convincing angry mob noises.
tsuzmir

What did the guards say when you rang them about drunken foreigners?
Kcam

The guards said they don't have the staff to come out.
blow-in

BateBoy wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 05:58 So, in summary, these guys are foreign, unemployed, leery and drunkards, We should immediately unite against this horror. Folks round these parts don’t take too kindly. to these types. I have some flaming torches and some pitch forks if you would like to establish an angry mob?

Let me know, I’m free most evenings and can make some very convincing angry mob noises.
Sure we'll give em a free pass so. Not allowed to say they're suspected non locals. Let's not let the facts get in the way!
Kcam

Thank you for taking time to read my post and understanding.
BateBoy

I think you miss the point, so I’ll help you out. Pointing out that someone is a ‘non national’ in this context is racist. The fact that they are drunk and leery is potentially relevant, the fact that they are ‘foreigners’ is not - does it make them more drunk? More leery? More reason to be fearful of them? No, it doesn’t.

I still believe that this has to be a trolling post because no one is this stupid in real life.
Scotty

You seem very angry, maybe you should take a break from public forums!
blow-in

BateBoy wrote: 11 Jul 2022, 06:40 I think you miss the point, so I’ll help you out. Pointing out that someone is a ‘non national’ in this context is racist. The fact that they are drunk and leery is potentially relevant, the fact that they are ‘foreigners’ is not - does it make them more drunk? More leery? More reason to be fearful of them? No, it doesn’t.

I still believe that this has to be a trolling post because no one is this stupid in real life.
Thanks for your gracious assistance, but I prefer help from those who can provide accurate and correct information. For your reference, the definition of a racist on multiple websites is:

racist adjective

/ˈreɪsɪst/

/ˈreɪsɪst/

​having the belief that some races of people are better than others or having general beliefs about other people based only on their race; showing this through violent or unfair treatment of people of other races

You can look it up for yourself, please do.

It's people who don't understand the terms, and who label people through ignorance, who cause many of the issues in the world. Please be carefil in the future.
diggerbarnes

I think the OP was adding as much descriptive information as they could to help people identify these people. Although the pissy pants would be a dead giveaway.
BateBoy

You're right, I am angry. Foreigners are troublesome, can't be trusted, we should all start to treat them differently so that they p*ss off back where they came from - hopefully they take the pikeys with them - don't get me started on Pikeys.

Thanks for the warning about the drunk, leery foreigners, I have arranged an angry mob to go looking for them tonight with a few friends from my newly formed political party "Irish for the Irish"

PS - I heard that Ukrainians are getting free taxi plates and €5000 'settling in grant' - we should probably attack them too? Thoughts?
Kcam

What are pikeys..
blow-in

Goid man.... Or perhaps I should say, good person, don't wamt to offend you further!
BateBoy

pikey
/ (ˈpaɪkɪ) /

noun British/Irish slang, derogatory (apparently)
a gypsy or vagrant
a member of ireland's esteemed Travelling community
a member of the underclass
pikeys.jpeg
pikeys.jpeg (7.62 KiB) Viewed 2137 times