Supervalu sub standard

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
lofty

Folks pay careful attention to best before dates on your purchases, yesterday I bought smoked salmon in vac pack and it was dated "use by 25/2/22". Not only is this a waste of my fiver but also the public health danger, surely this is the responsibility of the merchant to make sure this does not happen and out of date stock is removed, yesterday it was out of date by 2 days so how many days was it on the shelves.

Not good enough, smacking of complacency.
Mr. Stupid

That's a regular occurrence in SuperValu. Unfortunately will keep happening unless people bring it back or make a complaint.
You basically need to check everything when you buy it. Don't forget a magnifying glass as they can be hard to read as well.
Donabatian

agreed must be most expensive SuperValu in Ireland with the monopoly here.
Do return for refund and maybe note to Sv customer service.
gruffalo

lofty wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 14:05 Folks pay careful attention to best before dates on your purchases, yesterday I bought smoked salmon in vac pack and it was dated "use by 25/2/22". Not only is this a waste of my fiver but also the public health danger, surely this is the responsibility of the merchant to make sure this does not happen and out of date stock is removed, yesterday it was out of date by 2 days so how many days was it on the shelves.

Not good enough, smacking of complacency.
Can I ask, what happened when you took this back and told them what happened?
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.