Donabate and Portrane: A history

Discussion for Donabate/Portrane Local History
ROB19

Hi All,

Would everyone have a copy of this book that they would be willing to part with?
I can't seem to locate a copy to buy anywhere.

I am willing to pay a good price for this within reason.

Many thanks
Edd

Is that pader Bates book ?
If so they have it in the shop in Newbridge House (the one in the same building as the cafe).
Go ask there. If they do not have it in the shop, they have more in storage int he historical society building.
ROB19

Fair play Edd, thanks for that
Sleepy

Supervalu often have it in stock in the newsagents too.
TheBlowIn

Off the back of this thread I asked for the book in the Newbridge shop, but the girl at the counter had never heard of it.

It was/is in the library too, but wouldn't mind my own copy of it.
Edd

I can 100% confirm it is in Newbridge house.
I lost my copy and wanted to look something up. I traced it like this (but went round rather than asking on here).
I brought 2 copies of it (One was a gift for someone else) about 6 or 8 weeks ago.

Go back and ask one more time. If they give you blank looks tell them to leave a note for the historical society (who have their office behind the shop in the courtyard, but I don't think they go often in at the moment).
They will then get the book(s) out and leave them under the counter in the shop.
You pay for them (in cash only) when you collect.

If that doesn't work - send me a PM and I'll get you the phone number or email of the historical group.