educate togethet school

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
benson

Anyone having issues with the access to the educate together school I live in eden grove and am getting stuck behind lazy parents sitting in their cars waiting to turn into the school to collect their kids . They sit there with the indicator on going nowhere as there is no room in the school I've complained to the school to no avail.
Ken
Site Admin

Yes, I've been stuck a few times. Drives me mad. They should park somewhere else and walk in like most people have to do where their kids and schools are concerned.
Regards,

Ken.
micropoodle

It's a disgrace.
It surely has to be against the rules of the road to just stop on a road. I've seen cars overtake a line of 7 or 8 cars just to get by because the 10 minute wait is too much.

How lazy are these people? Seriously lazy.
The school has to take some responsibility for this
Burt

Hi
Just wanted to point out this problem is not just confined to educate together school. I live in the priory and getting in and out of the estate can be a nightmare with cars parking illegally on double yellow lines at front of estate. Seems parents driving to schools have little concern for people other than themselves.
gla

I agree, this problem along with so called parking extends into beaverstown orchard at school times and is particularly bad when there are events on in the educate together. It is dangerous and always amazes me that people can abandon their cars on the bend in the road without thinking about what could happen to other road users or pedestrians