TRAVELLERS SCAM

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
bcronin

Hi all

I was in the car park of Keelings pub. A white van pulled up behind me. A guy got out and started to show me brand new generators which they had supposedly cleared from aa closed down shop. The scam is you will pay him 50, and he will drop the box in your boot for you so you can sell it and make easy money. The price is printed on the box around 1900.

Please be wary everyone. Inside the box in your boot is usually bricks to make up the weight.

BC
link3

What did you do with all the bricks?
Sunny

At the very least you must have been suspicious that you were buying stolen goods so absolutely no sympathy for anyone stupid enough to buy something from the back of a van in a pub carpark.
Ken
Site Admin

I have to ask myself if this is for real.
Regards,

Ken.
albert

I'd heard of similar back in 2005 or so... guy selling a fancy new Motorola flip phone for €150...

Guy had a look at phone - was brand new. Agreed sale, the perpetrators placed the phone in a bag. Exchanged funds & handed victim a similar bag...

They immediately drove off. When guy opened bag - it contained two mars bars 😂😂😂

The victim is a dick so I found it hilarious 🙂

I still do 😂😂😂
Pip

Well you get what you paid for. Once bitten twice shy, a fool an his/her money :lol: :lol: :roll: Say no more :lol: