Meeting 21 Jan at 6pm in Donabate Library all welcome!

CommunityCouncil

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story ... 5392091148
Fingal County Council has confirmed that it is proceeding with the closed doors meeting tomorrow evening at 6pm in Donabate Library, despite the very serious concerns raised by DPCC.

Read the leaflet you got in through your letterbox over the weekend, read our Facebook posts and inform yourself as to what is going on here.

We will see you all at the library tomorrow evening at 6pm where we will tell Fingal County Council that nothing short of full and proper public consultation is what the community needs and demands.
C1309A6F-3485-4E1E-9FAD-73AB70E7C310.jpeg
Beenthere

Wow great tuen out by all accounts. Thanks for organising. Got there at 7 too late to make any difference but glad to see a big crowd. The fact they hired security says so much :twisted:
aoifey

well done to everyone.
it's about time our local FF rep got on board with the people and not with the council/his party. Fighting against your own people is never a good thing. Our local FF election candidate has been quiet on this matter. Is the party pulling the strings here? If so, why?
Peter V

There is a history of councillors and TDs who have been very supportive of developers' interests in Fingal. Providing facilities for sports groups is a very cost-effective fig leaf for this, while also serving as a useful way of dividing the community. This is why all the sports clubs are first to be "consulted" and brought into the inner-circle. It's a good strategy.
How many of the invited reps decided against participating in the closed meeting last night in favour of showing some solidarity with the excluded members of their own community? I'm guessing not many, but hopefully stand to be corrected on this...
Summersunshine

Hi does anyone know what came out of it. Haven't seen much online from people/representatives that were in there
Séamus Mac Brádaigh

There was a great show of support by the community to demand proper public consultation.

https://www.facebook.com/11382539209114 ... 300015509/
Brian

Hi all

Im not looking for an argument, I'm just slightly confused & trying to understand peoples anger on this infamous workshop. Could someone answer my questions below..

My understanding is;

- Fingal County Council held a Urban Framework Plan workshop for Donabate on Tuesday.

-They invited local councilors & representatives from 45 committees, councils & clubs within Donabate to “get a better understanding of the requirements”

-People were upset that it was not open to the entire public albeit the number of representatives invited and decided to protest outside the workshop.

-A number of local councilors agreed with the protest & did not join the workshop despite their primary responsibility is to formulate policies & plans for the local area.

3 Questions
Is my understanding accurate?
Was there any minutes or action plan published from the workshop?
There is an open meeting next Tuesday is there an Agenda?

Thanks
Peter V

My take, and I have zero affiliation with any organisation so no agenda other than the quality of life for me and my family, there is a long history of FCC shafting the community with sham consultations. This includes hand-picked advisory groups, unpublicised and difficult to access releases of information, and wholesale dismissal of submissions.

This, in my opinion completely justified, lack of trust is just reinforced when they pick what are widely perceived as being the most amenable local groups to attend the first - and this is worth repeating - the first - consultation meeting, and show they are prepared to deploy physical force in order to exclude local people from their planning love-in.

Anyway, maybe CommunityCouncil will post a better response. They are our first line of defence and really deserve massive credit on this and a whole heap of lower profile stuff we don't even pay attention to.
Hats off.
DocHoliday

It seems to be widely advertised that Fingal “ hired private security “ to man the door at the workshop . Are these not the staff of The leisure centre , who I presume were asked to help manage a large crowd on a health and safety issue and ensure that the bookings and classes could be accessed without any hindrance.
Quello Serio

DocHoliday wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 12:54 It seems to be widely advertised that Fingal “ hired private security “ to man the door at the workshop . Are these not the staff of The leisure centre , who I presume were asked to help manage a large crowd on a health and safety issue and ensure that the bookings and classes could be accessed without any hindrance.
Open to correction, but a man I saw at the library door had a jacket with 'Pulse' written on it, indicating he was from a third party company, and not staff. As far as I could see, no effort was made to manage the crowd, so if that was his job, it was done extremely badly. He may have been ready to prevent anyone entering the library without permission, but no-one tried.
Brian

Peter V wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 18:55 My take, and I have zero affiliation with any organisation so no agenda other than the quality of life for me and my family, there is a long history of FCC shafting the community with sham consultations. This includes hand-picked advisory groups, unpublicised and difficult to access releases of information, and wholesale dismissal of submissions.

This, in my opinion completely justified, lack of trust is just reinforced when they pick what are widely perceived as being the most amenable local groups to attend the first - and this is worth repeating - the first - consultation meeting, and show they are prepared to deploy physical force in order to exclude local people from their planning love-in.

Anyway, maybe CommunityCouncil will post a better response. They are our first line of defence and really deserve massive credit on this and a whole heap of lower profile stuff we don't even pay attention to.
Hats off.
Thanks Peter for your insight
Nanny

Is there a meeting tonight with community council? Think I remember one mentioned?
Spider

Yes meeting in Parish Hall at 8pm. Hope there's a good turnout.