Fingal isn’t delivering on the current LAP

CommunityCouncil

Yesterday we outlined the severity of the cutbacks that Fingal was allowed to make in the 2016 Donabate Local Area Plan. Road upgrades, Garda Station, extension of graveyard, shops in Ballymastone and Corballis all slashed from the plans. These projects will never be delivered.

But did you know that key projects from the 2016 Local Area Plan are way off track?

The 2016 LAP is broken down into three phases.

Each phase lays down the order in which each project must be delivered.

The LAP is clear that phases should run consecutively.

In other words all projects should be completed in each phase before the next phase starts.

A significant amount of the projects in phase 2 of the LAP are well under way.

Major infrastructural works on phase 1 have not even started yet. Fingal has allowed delivery of infrastructure to run away from the sequence laid down in its own LAP for Donabate.

Some examples of infrastructure that is now long overdue are:

1. Provision of a footpath upgrade along Turvey Avenue to connect Turvey continuously to Donabate Village .

2. Rahillion Looped walkway with a trail through St Itas to the coast and completion of the northern section running parallel to the Rahillion LAP lands. ( along southern boundary of Rogerstown Estuary)

In tomorrow’s post “Show me the money” we will make shocking revelations about where the money from development of our peninsula is actually going.
Summersunshine

Hi thanks for all the good work you have been doing. Donabate is truly a fantastic place with many amenities that other areas can only dream off. Including Turvey natur Park, beach, Newbridge, cliff walk and the proposed cycle way over the estuary so it's important that we protect all them things. What I would ask is it possible for me the ordinary Joe soap to be supplied with information or contacts in the council and put pressure on that way particularly when no public consultation seems to be happening. Also of templates could be devised so we can bang them off