Ballymastone Masterplan, Donabate, Co. Dublin

CommunityCouncil

http://reddyarchitecture.com/project/b ... co-dublin/

The masterplan proposals for the lands at Ballymastone responds to the natural features and topography of the site which is situated in a rural setting to the east of Donabate village. Playing fields and schools complement a high-density core of medium- and low-rise housing typologies, which are arranged in a series of precincts, facilitating a phased approach to the development of the lands.

Fingal County Council required a Framework Masterplan for lands near Donabate which defined the parameters for development and expansion of the residential community. Seamless integration with an existing adjoining residential context was central to this planning framework. The proposals incorporate existing and future planned infrastructure – 2 no. schools and recreation facilities. The team integrated the existing infrastructure which allowed the opportunity to create a central core of community-based services and a high-density hub within a suitable urban massing.

The scale of development rises from two storeys at the periphery to six and seven storeys at the core. Natural landscape features such as existing trees, hedgerows and water courses provide a canvas for the formation of permeable routes. The topography of the site provides appropriate locations for features to incorporate the attenuation requirements of the lands. Reddy A+U’s masterplan envisages phased development incorporating housing and open space in equal measure. The framework provides approximately 1,200 no. units delivering a combination of housing and apartments in mixed social / private tenure and supplemented by community facilities. The design response fulfils Fingal County Council’s brief for a sustainable masterplan, thereby ensuring the long term growth and sustainability of the local environment.
Summersunshine

Hi

What is the next steps and do the public get a say in this. When is this expected to start
Lavidolas

1000-1200 units with a 20:20:60 mix

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/fi ... 99305.html
RT1212

I am in advanced stages of discussion on a house purchase in donabate. I have learnt of the plans for ballymastone recently and have been having some second thoughts. Does anyone have further details on these plans? There is no confirmation on the Tallamh page. If it is indeed 20% social we would have 240 houses minimum. That is a recipe for disaster in a small town like donabate.

Given that it is government owned land, abd recent comments from the new minister for housing kooking to return to the golden age of social housing, it might even be more.

I love donabate and still hope to move there. Can anyone shed a bit more light?
Mr. Stupid

<Post deleted by Admin>

Contact me by PM if you feel I need to explain why.
Matsugawa

Old news - and a recurring theme on this forum - please read this post and the conclusions and arguments because it's all the same "social/affordable housing will be the end of life as we know it" stuff.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2548
Mr. Stupid

Mr. Stupid wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 14:44 <Post deleted by Admin>

Contact me by PM if you feel I need to explain why.
No need to explain why. It was joke and probably a bad one.
Lavidolas

https://www-irishtimes-com.cdn.ampproje ... 7?mode=amp

Glenveagh selected by Fingal County Council to deliver 1,200 new homes
Donabate mixed scheme to include houses priced between €250k and €270k