New Houses - The Paddocks

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Ann2021

I e-mailed Deirdre the other day and she replied with the same dates they gave last month. Very hard to know where they are at with the completion dates.
Keithb13

Ann2021 wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 20:23 I e-mailed Deirdre the other day and she replied with the same dates they gave last month. Very hard to know where they are at with the completion dates.
We are due to be complete on June 30th but that looks pretty unlikely, the corner house 17 was due on May 26th and that’s not finished either so I’m guessing there’s a delay for everyone.
arnebanane

We are doing the snagging this Friday (House 19)

Quick question regarding broadband: Whats the best process here? Spoke to Virgin and Sky. Both told me that they cannot help with broadband...
Keithb13

arnebanane wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 15:56 We are doing the snagging this Friday (House 19)

Quick question regarding broadband: Whats the best process here? Spoke to Virgin and Sky. Both told me that they cannot help with broadband...
How was the snag was there many fixes?
arnebanane

Andy messaged us that the house was ready for snagging and my wife and I took the afternoon off only to realise, it was no where near ready for snagging:

Appliances not installed
Water not connected
Garden not made
Front poarch not complete

What was most disspointing: we previously agreed over the phone that the skirting isnt fixed but loosely attached. But the skirting was fixed and he said that he cannot do the handover without having it fixed.
Keithb13

arnebanane wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 11:28 Andy messaged us that the house was ready for snagging and my wife and I took the afternoon off only to realise, it was no where near ready for snagging:

Appliances not installed
Water not connected
Garden not made
Front poarch not complete

What was most disspointing: we previously agreed over the phone that the skirting isnt fixed but loosely attached. But the skirting was fixed and he said that he cannot do the handover without having it fixed.
That doesn’t sound ideal. Did he say when he’d have the items fixed for you? I take it kitchen, wardrobes etc was in place?
arnebanane

Yeah kitchen was installed and wardrobes also in. He said that they would get the water this week but he has been saying that for weeks now...
Keithb13

Hopefully he’s true to his word now and the water is hooked up this week. Have you agreed on a closing date yet? Swung past today and looks like they’re prepping the drive ways now.
Jim2021

Hi all, just to update everyone - We were told our completion date was the 23rd June (today) but I contacted the foreman today and he informed me that the completion date for our house is now moved to 9th August. What's most disappointing is the lack of communication from their end.
Keithb13

That’s shocking did he give any indication as to whether that was worst case scenario and it might pull back in a little?
Donabatian

Hi,
Seems we are all in a bit of a quandary with this. Would writing to Irish Water help, I wonder.. Few voices together..
Just wondering how everything is coming along and if anyone has been given any new move in dates.
Just empathising fustration to be enquiring and given past dates.

Kind regards.
Keithb13

Hey,

We were given a 6 week delay, but again I’d imagine that’s finger in the air stuff. Not sure if contacting Irish water would help might be worth a shot though, from what they say on the website they will only deal with the builder.

Rgds

Keith
Keithb13

Donabatian wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 20:57 Hi,
Seems we are all in a bit of a quandary with this. Would writing to Irish Water help, I wonder.. Few voices together..
Just wondering how everything is coming along and if anyone has been given any new move in dates.
Just empathising fustration to be enquiring and given past dates.

Kind regards.
I rang Irish water today, and they couldn’t find the account, so no luck their unfortunately.
arnebanane

Hi future neighbours :)

I was wondering if you can assist me with the waste collection service in the Paddocks.
Who is currently the provider there?

Many thanks in advance
Donabatian

Believe it's Panda so everything gets collected same day :)
idaok

It is Panda, yes. Would be great if everyone went for Panda too so there's only one collection truck per bin. I lived in an estate where there were around 3 and it was a real pain. I checked prices on moving in and they're all the same really. Also Panda do a bin cleaning service too, which is good.
arnebanane wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 16:03 Hi future neighbours :)

I was wondering if you can assist me with the waste collection service in the Paddocks.
Who is currently the provider there?

Many thanks in advance
Donabatian

Great to have same day collection 1 bin lorry alright.. https://www.mywaste.ie/ good site for explaining what goes where in Ireland, may be helpful, recycling list also on Panda's own site I believe..
Looking at the cable boxes not sure why they are placed at the front doors of the semi-Ds on phsse2.. Wasn't done like this for phase 1. Can understand may need to be at door for terraced house..
Also hope the greenery and planters for driveways will be nicely inserted.. Just hope things not being downgraded.. We are waiting so long.. Good to see barrier on phase 2 broken and at least 1 or two in! Best wishes for settling in!!
Kimbo

Donabatian wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 07:51 Great to have same day collection 1 bin lorry alright.. https://www.mywaste.ie/ good site for explaining what goes where in Ireland, may be helpful, recycling list also on Panda's own site I believe..
Looking at the cable boxes not sure why they are placed at the front doors of the semi-Ds on phsse2.. Wasn't done like this for phase 1. Can understand may need to be at door for terraced house..
Also hope the greenery and planters for driveways will be nicely inserted.. Just hope things not being downgraded.. We are waiting so long.. Good to see barrier on phase 2 broken and at least 1 or two in! Best wishes for settling in!!
I also noticed the location of the cable boxes and had the same thought (inevitable for mid-terraced houses but why semi-d ?!). It's a bit of an eyesore alright , perhaps more so because I didn't expect it to be there... but what can we do :lol:

To be honest, at this stage I just hope the completion date is not pushed back again.. can't wait to finally move in.
Happyheart

Hi I'm in first phase only houses 1 to 4 got planting rest got none we all had to plant ourselves
Keithb13

Jim2021 wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 14:53 Hi all, just to update everyone - We were told our completion date was the 23rd June (today) but I contacted the foreman today and he informed me that the completion date for our house is now moved to 9th August. What's most disappointing is the lack of communication from their end.
Hey Just wondering did they hit the date of the 9th?
Donabatian

Hi, Just wondering what everyone thinks of the driveways in phase 2. They have no divides in between (which is very annoying and usual) and are they ok to fit 2 cars?

Should we get together and ask builder to rectify this?

Thanks in advance 👍
Kimbo

I am looking to have a house alarm installed and would like to get some recommendations if possible! Preferably no or little monthly charge for self-monitoring option..

I have noticed quite a few houses in Phase 1 got their alarm from Ian Kerrigan (the electrician on site I presume)—is it any good?!
idaok

Fortunately it hasn't been really tested but so far so good, no problems with it.
Sunny

Just wondering if anyone in the Paddocks has gotten the attic converted? Just wondering who they got and rough cost....

Thanks
Happyheart

Hi
I was told when I moved in 2 years ago by builder attic wasn't able to be converted I live in a 3 bed