New Houses - The Paddocks

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Donabatian

Hi all just wondering if anyone knows if sky broadband is available in the paddocks? Thanks
idaok

Worth checking with Sky but we could only get Virgin when we moved in August. It's not great, lots of complaints, but we had no choice.
Donabatian

Hi thanks for reply we have bought in phase 2. What are the issues with Virgin? Have they been resolved? Is there anything else we should ask developer/builder about in your opinion?

Thanks
idaok

I've found the internet drops towards the evening pretty often, which is a pain for work as I've been dropped off Zoom calls. Sometimes it happens earlier in the day as well - one 30 minute meeting, I got dropped out 3 times. So it's mostly ok but definitely worse than our previous supplier (Pure Telecom) where I rarely noticed issues and I worked from home 1 day a week then. If you look around, you'll see plenty of people have issues with Virgin. Mostly I hear of Eir and Virgin being the worst.
Donabatian

Hi thanks for that info I wonder would it be worth asking the developer if they are going to allow fibre to the home be installed in the paddocks. I know for example carrs mill are now able to get Sky due to new fibre cable been ran in there estate. It's been rolled out in Donabate just not sure about the paddocks. The more choice we have the better. Thanks again
Donabatian

Hi just wondering does anyone have any pictures of kitchen area in 3 bed terraced houses? Is there enough room for a dining table and sofa? How does everyone find the size of the 3 beds?
Happyheart

Hi I live in 3 bed Terrace

I have downsized from a much bigger house and I find this house a great size
And lay out

Clever use of space
Kitchen has plenty of room for sofa

Kitchen table and stools at island
Donabatian

Hi thanks for the info that puts my mind at ease. We will have to start looking for a table and sofa so 😀
arnebanane

Hi everyone,

my wife and I are moving to the paddocks beginning of next year.
I was just wondering if you have any tips/advice regarding moving, flooring etc. etc. something you wish you would have thought of before?

Anyway looking forward meeting you in person sometime next year :)

Arne
idaok

Hi

One thing I wish I knew was that you need to do some kind of treatment to the countertops in the kitchen or they will stain as they are porous.

After you move in, make sure to register your cylinder & external fan unit: https://dashboard.joule.ie/register-a-product/ for the warranty. If you service it annually, it's good for 25 years.

Sorry to see that you will have some delays on moving in, but more time for browsing flooring, I guess? :)

Ida
Donabatian

Hi Ida,

Cheers for that info it's good to know. It's not great if the worktops are staining already.

I'm just wondering in relation to flooring what did the majority of people decide to go with. Tiles or Wood flooring in hall and kitchen or a mixture of both? Any pics??

Thanks in advance
idaok

We went with laminate downstairs all over and carpet upstairs. Top Floors have done a lot of the flooring in the estate so far, they've a nice range. You do get good light from the big windows in most of the rooms, so you can consider flooring in relation to that.
Donabatian

Hi

Thanks again Ida good to know there is good light in the rooms. I will give Top Floors a look 👍.

How is the new heating system working in this cold weather? I've never been in a house using the new heating systems.

Cheers
idaok

The heating is great! We need to change our settings as it's set to work as if you are all out during the day at office/school but we don't really need to touch it at all and the radiators don't get very hot, so it's quite safe and very much in the background keeping us cosy.
idaok

Some photos from the back of number 8.
Attachments
IMG_20210111_095246.jpg
IMG_20210111_095259.jpg
IMG_20210111_095250.jpg
Guiterman

Thanks for all the posts and helpful pictures. Is anyone able to post a picture of the kitchen from a terrace house? We viewed the unfinished houses last month but it's hard to get an idea of how the kitchen will look. This is the most important room for us! Thanks a lot in advance
Donabatian

Hi,

Thanks again for the replies Ida delighted to hear the heating system works well. And thanks for the pics 👍.

I would also love to see pictures of the finished terraced kitchen.

Thanks
AindriuB

Great to see Phase 2 chugging along. Would anyone happen to know what kind of roof trusses the houses are built with? Is it a standard truss or is the attic conversion ready?
Donabatian

Hi

They are standard trusses. They are not ready to be converted not sure if it is possible unfortunately.
Donabatian

Hi Ida,

One last question what is the water pressure like the showers etc and is the water pump in any way loud??

Thanks again 👍👍
Keithb13

Hi All,

I am purchasing the 4 bed detached at the end of road, just wondering if anyone here has some good tiling contacts.
idaok

Donabatian wrote: 11 Jan 2021, 20:07 Hi Ida,

One last question what is the water pressure like the showers etc and is the water pump in any way loud??

Thanks again 👍👍
Water pressure is great! The pump is under the stairs and is loud enough that we hear the dishwasher come on even when we have the door closed for the pump and for the living room. But we don't hear it when we're upstairs or haven't noticed. But it's not quiet.
MrsBabycakes

Hi, You could also try John Gouldsbury Floorings, he is local & did most of the flooring in Beresford, he has a Facebook page with loads of photos you can check out. He did ours & a good few friends floors as well, really helpful & efficient.

LauraQuinn wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 20:58 Brilliant thanks so much will contact top class floors. Hope you're all settled into the Paddocks!
Donabatian

Hi Ida,

Thanks again for info on pump. I'm just wondering does it come on when using all taps, flushing toilet, shower, dishwasher and washing machine?

A water pump is new to me we are in an old enough apartment at present. I'm a bit worried that it may be a little annoying.

All your replies are very helpful.

Thanks 👍
Happyheart

The pump comes on with everything that uses water

You get used to it 🤪