Re: Oaklee Housing Trust Ownership of New Apts at train stat

ovidiuz

Thanks @just looking, but could you be a little more specific?
Don’t get me wrong, but it sounds just a bit vague - “everything is fine”.
When do they plan on building them? Do they plan on knocking them down and rebuilding from scratch, or just continue where the old developer left off? How many units will they build? 43 (so only social) or more? What did they say about the future tenants - "only elderly people" as you were suspecting, or were they more open about it?

I would question the ethics of this thread being taken down.
Among others, potential buyers have every right to know about the future of the development.
The Gallery is a wonderful development so they may still choose to buy, but it would be a well informed, conscious decision.
Hiding information might have the opposite effect and arouse suspicions...
Just Looking

@ovidiuz
I suppose my thinking on the taking down of the topic is if people are really upset with it being here I don't want to be the cause of that. I think it has done its job in terms of getting info out there about this new way of allocating social housing, which was my goal by posting.
I wasn't at the meeting but in terms of the actual development most of my comfort comes from the discussions I had with friends and friends of friends, who basically informed me that these trusts usually don't allow any sort of messing to occur in their spaces... the negative press/attention locally hinders their expansion.
In terms of the development beside us, there will be garda vetting as well as internal vetting, scope to remove tenants is set in stone, there they plan on keeping surroundings to same spec as The Gallery.
One thing that won't happen and I think its a shame is Donabate people won't be given priority, as I think @Derek had suggested.
We shall wait and see how it goes.
ovidiuz

Thanks @just looking for all the info. Really appreciate you bringing this up and your opinions on the matter!
Mr. Stupid

This has ramifications. If a developer can just say, right my remaining 50 units are all social then they can do the exact same in Beresford, Rahillon, Kingsland, Glasslinn...
Sunshine1

Is there any way we can find out how the "residents concerns were placated". The blocks are now massive and if its 100 % social housing i'd have major conerns about who are being housed here and the "truth" about who is being housed here. Will there be strict rules about balconies, visitors etc because its looking like a mini ghetto block at this stage. We are all residents of Donabate and with such close proximity to the train station we need to be careful about who is going in here? Absolute disgrace from the county council with their fudging of figures yet again.
Sunshine1

Anyone any updates on this yet? I just heard oaklee trust are also responsible for housing the new modular complex in ballymun. Would like to have an idea as to what the residents of the gallery were informed as to the tenancy type?
cmajorsolo

Does anyone have updates on this? How many of the new builds will be used for social housing?
Seamus

cmajorsolo wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 22:34 Does anyone have updates on this? How many of the new builds will be used for social housing?
Both blocks in their entirety were purchased by the housing association Oaklee and so all of the apartments will be leased by Oaklee to people on the social housing list.
cmajorsolo

Seamus wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 13:13
cmajorsolo wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 22:34 Does anyone have updates on this? How many of the new builds will be used for social housing?
Both blocks in their entirety were purchased by the housing association Oaklee and so all of the apartments will be leased by Oaklee to people on the social housing list.
Thanks Seamus. So the shops plan is over? I see there are some work done on the land across the road from the new buildings. Does anyone know what is the plan for the land?
cbc

I believe that is another cluster of apartments also. I dont know if these will be private or social or a mix.
Back "in the day" when Gallery went up first there was supposed to be terraced houses going in there but then when the builder went into NAMA etc and it was sold on, builder changed planning permission to apartments, there was some issues with not enough car park spaces etc but i believe planning was eventually gotten for more apartments.