Re: Oaklee Housing Trust Ownership of New Apts at train stat

Just Looking

People were ringing around asking what was happening with these apartments and being stonewalled.
Finally email comes through saying they will be going to Oaklee Housing Trust. Sort of makes sense why so many apartments went up for sale in The Gallery recently, might have gotten a whisper and decided to get out.

Oaklee Housing Trust https://www.oaklee.ie/
Provide accommodation to individuals on the local authority social housing list, older Irish emigrants returning home, mortgage to rent schemes (for individuals struggling with mortgage). For these apts I imagine only first two apply.

Gallery Board of Directors and management company were due to meet with trust first week of March, as of posting no indication to other residents that this has happened yet.
Last edited by Just Looking on 15 Mar 2018, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Sunshine1

Do we know who is being housed here?
Just Looking

No idea as of yet, we have to wait and see what happens. I’m sure they will tell the committee that’s meeting them next week that it will be all over 60’s or something like that but I imagine it will be people from the fingal social housing list.
Nice to get a penthouse!
woulap

Yes, wait and see then...

How many apartments will be available? 2 blocks, so 50 or more?

Also is there someone who knows if there is a plan to improve the area between R126 and the Gallery? There is an ugly abandoned square field which really needs to be cleaned and it's not the only one...
Quello Serio

woulap wrote:Also is there someone who knows if there is a plan to improve the area between R126 and the Gallery? There is an ugly abandoned square field which really needs to be cleaned and it's not the only one...
Isn't that the site with PP for Aldi?
http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/a ... =F15A/0181
woulap

Isn't that the site with PP for Aldi?
http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/a ... =F15A/0181
Yes, according to the map it could be that one. But is it still relevant?
Just Looking

woulap wrote:Yes, wait and see then...

How many apartments will be available? 2 blocks, so 50 or more?
According to this document it is 43 units.
http://www.rebuildingireland.ie/social- ... 1-2017.pdf
Where they are going to park is going to be the problem here. Is this development considered part of the Gallery and management company etc? If not then they have no parking facilities and you would think you can’t house people without it.
I think the idea of Aldi going on that site now is over. They built another one nearby I think? When I say nearby I think it was Swords!
cbc

Yes these residents in the new apartments are not part of The Gallery and will not have parking permits for the Gallery spaces(clampers at the ready). There is under ground parking for these units but i have no idea how many spaces.
Just Looking

cbc wrote:There is under ground parking for these units but i have no idea how many spaces.
Underground!? :o How?!? Ah I don't understand. I remember a friend had an apartment near Clare Hall with underground parking, turned out to be a nightmare for them, flooding, dark, cars being robbed/burnt out. Needed serious CCTV all over the place.
That must be tagging on quite the cost for the build. Oaklee must be doing alright for themselves.
I imagine there will be a scrum to get one of these.
cbc

Yeah underground carpark is in the building next to the road into the train station carpark on Turvey Ave. This was half built by first set of builders. I'm assuming its still there that the new builder didnt fill it in.
Smithy18

As an owner at The Gallery and member of the OMC, I don’t feel this is an appropriate arena to discuss Gallery ' business', and feel it inappropriate for people to cut and paste emails from Purple Management to this or any public site. They are private communications, intended for the recipient only ie. owners of apartments at The Gallery, and not for public consumption.

“The information contained in this e-mail …………are confidential and may also be privileged. They are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not alter, disseminate, distribute, print, publish or copy the communication or any information contained in it.”

I understand that people, including myself, have questions about what will be happening with the new developments, but surely the specifics of how this impacts on the Gallery and its residents, is 'Gallery business', and as such, should be kept that way...
Just Looking

Sorry Smithy18 but I have to disagree with you on a number of points.

1. The housing trust taking ownership of the blocks has been on the books for a number of years as it has been published in documents going back to Q1 2017. See http://www.rebuildingireland.ie/social- ... 1-2017.pdf

Residents should have at that stage been updated on the proposal, it seems nobody from the management company enquired or if they did they kept it to themselves. Wasn't a point at AGM's and or any other correspondence from mc. Given that I have spoken to other residents in the area since this has come to light that had no idea of the situation even after the email went around it is clear that lines of communication have broken down.

2. This is of interest to a wider audience rather than being just "Gallery business". In the normal course of events the council would bring planning permission for building social housing and residents would be able to view plans in advance. In this case the council are seemingly out of the loop and a private company can buy blocks of housing and give them to social housing. All of this with very little to no public consultation or forewarning... of course the other side to this is that if there was correspondence given to some people but it wasn't disseminated it betrays a more nefarious course of events.

I had no idea that these "trusts" could do this in such a manner and others in Donabate/Portrane should be made aware of just how under the radar they can fly given the plans for building in the community.

3. The Gallery is a part of Donabate and therefore there is no harm in discussing it on a Donabate/Portrane discussion forum. It may well be our business but we are still part of a wider community.

I can understand that some people who are selling will want this topic taken down but there will be a lot of us left here and we have a right to discuss it.

TL:DR more than just Gallery business, OMC communication has been terrible on the subject
Smithy18

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you have said and am equally shocked that none of us owners have been consulted or given any information. And yes, we definitely have a right to discuss it, however, I do not think this is the most appropriate forum.

Really we should be addressing them directly, either individually or as a group, and demanding a meeting to voice our views and concerns...rather than posting private emails, and discussing it here, which is probably less effective in the long run...

Is there not a private space for owners to come together and discuss next steps ....?
Mr. Stupid

+1 delete the thread.
It's a private issue for residents.
Smithy18

I agree this thread should be deleted, and would urge the site administrator/moderator to check the appropriateness of posts in future, to ensure against breaches of privacy.
Just Looking

I was asked would I consider taking down the post almost as soon as it went up by the administrator because someone who is selling their apartment is worried about how it will affect their closing price. I put out my arguements for keeping it up and thankfully it is still here and has attracted over a thousand views.
it is my right to post something that relates to me and refers to planning/development in this area. Keeping things private may suit certain people but bringing attention to what is happening I believe services the greater number. It again points to communication. OMC missed what was happening with the blocks or knew and said nothing. Now we are where we are.
If anyone is worried about the email i can change that part and replace with very simple language as to what is happening.
danielt

I think this thread is just as relevant to the residents of the peninsula as the Ballymastone housing thread, this forum is a good local resource for keeping us informed of things that we wouldn't usually know about and shouldn't be censored to protect minority interests
Mr. Stupid

The wishes of the residents of the Gallery come first in this case. There are no residents of Ballymastone (yet).

There also no threads about the social housing going into Kingsland, Beresford, Rahillon, Glasslinn etc even though they are supposed to be putting in 10%.

I think if an estate has a residents committee that is the best route to go and not here.
Just Looking

Mr Stupid, I am a resident and I feel it is a useful piece of information for the greater area.
Those housing estates that you mention all are obliged to give a percentage to social housing as new builds as per government policy.
The Gallery is a mature build, like any of the older estates around the area like the links or fairways etc. So apparently a group like this trust could come in and purchase well over 10 % of the houses in these mature developments and give these houses to social housing and the people in those estates wouldn’t know anything about it until it was finalised. I imagine that would probably elicit some threads on here if that happened.
That is what I’m putting forward for this forum. Be aware of what’s happening here because it is a new system that has completely gone under the radar for the majority of residents of the Gallery.
Derek

Arguable case in this for the provision of a proportion of social housing to be earmarked for local needs, purely because we know it's coming.

I know afew good people who grew up here long before the blowins came and are renting because purchase prices are so high. Now rents have exploded and they're struggling. You get the picture.
Smithy18

@Justlooking, you started this thread off by pasting a piece of confidential correspondence from our management company to its members, on this very public forum, which as I said, I think is completely inappropriate and entirely unacceptable. That is my issue plain and simple.

I fail to see how garnering ‘over a thousand views’ on this site is indicative of anything, other than good old fashioned nosiness, and although it might be a ‘useful piece of information for the greater area’ , it doesn’t really bring about any useful change.

Yes, you are entitled to express your views on planning, but not if it compromises the privacy of Purple or the owners/residents of the Gallery.

If you feel so strongly, and want your views and voice heard, perhaps it would be more effective if you were to channel your energies directly to the people with whom you have a grievance i.e. OMC, Purple, Oaklee, etc and from whom who you might be able to elicit some kind of tangible and satisfactory response.

And I'd like anyone reading this who might be interested in buying at the Gallery to be reassured that this forum is no way connected to its owners and members, and is not an 'official' channel for residents and owners to do business.

Thanks,
Just Looking

Smithy18 wrote: good old fashioned nosiness

You may not be aware of this as you only joined this forum yesterday but there has been a lot of discussion on this forum with regards to what is happening on the peninsula around planning/development. I don't regard people who are involved and concerned with developments with regards to building as nosey. I imagine they are interested in what is happening in their area, an admirable trait to have in a community.

But considering your concerns around making public the email I was sent, I will edit the original post.
And I'd like anyone reading this who might be interested in buying at the Gallery

Its a great spot and hopefully it will stay that way for years to come and most of us will endeavour to assist in that goal. Not everyone is selling up and moving out.
ovidiuz

As someone looking into buying in Donabate, I'm keen on finding out as much information as possible about the village and its future. Plus, if I am to become a member of the community, its concerns will become my concerns.

I have to say that some of the views on this thread are rather selfish (owners probably interested into selling, and missing the bigger picture).
This is an issue affecting Donabate as a whole...and how can you find the best solutions if what you're suggesting is censoring information?

Building 43 units would mean about 20% of the whole development, and what's even more concerning is that they would all be in one place.
Yes there probably are plans for social houses in all developments. I'm more familiar with what's happening in Beresford: only 10% of the units will be social AND the developer is careful to shuffle those, so that everyone could be part of the same community. I have no reason to believe things are different in Rahillion, Kingsland, etc.

In regards to Ballymastone, the plans are on hold as far as I know, thanks to the efforts of Supporting Proper Development in Donabate.

So, back to the topic: has that meeting taken place? Is there any hope for a more reasonable approach (eg only 10% <=> 20 units, spread across both blocks)?
Smithy18

@just looking

Thanks for removing the email
Just Looking

@ovidiuz
It seems a really positive meeting was held on Tuesday.
Got the minutes on Friday afternoon.
Lots of the concerns of residents were placated.
Did a little research of my own on these new entities “housing trusts” through friends in local authorities, and I am so much more comforted.
Still not happy around how it was suddenly upon us but I don’t think they will suffer any sort of messing in the apts.

To the moderators of this forum... if you receive any requests to remove this topic, i have no refusal