Distributor road contractor

Fr Jack

I see there's a UK civil engineering company doing the new road. What is wrong with the civil engineering companies in Ireland SIAC etc.
patsman

That's how eu tendering process works.
Ken
Site Admin

Yes, they have to tender EU wide. Strict rules governing government tenders over a certain value.
Regards,

Ken.
pat mustard

Ken wrote:Yes, they have to tender EU wide. Strict rules governing government tenders over a certain value.

Not sure Siteserv went that way.
Ken
Site Admin

pat mustard wrote:Not sure Siteserv went that way.
Pretty sure they did as it would have been a very high value contract. I don't believe there are any exceptions unless IW are considered a private company?
Regards,

Ken.
pat mustard

Admit the IW situ is confusing, Altrad and another company made higher bids, and were told , it wasnt for sale, despite that is was. But i'm not gonna upset Redacted and a cracking write off, so will leave it there.
Ken
Site Admin

pat mustard wrote:Admit the IW situ is confusing, Altrad and another company made higher bids, and were told , it wasnt for sale, despite that is was. But i'm not gonna upset Redacted and a cracking write off, so will leave it there.
I don't think the lowest quote has to be selected, but there needs to be very good reasons if it isn't.
Regards,

Ken.