New development adjacent to the links

linkster

Planning has gone in for approx 150 houses beside the links. Most of these (90 or so) are of lower quality 2 bed houses not in keeping with the area.

There is a Facebook group just started about this called 'Supporting Proper Development in Donabate SPDD' where you can keep up to date with what is happening.

An interesting thing to note here is that the permission has come in from a newly formed company which haas Bernard McNamara (remember him? :)) as a shareholder.

The same Bernard McNamara formed a new company last year to build houses at the top of the Beaverstown Road.

Anyone who knows about these things know why he needs to form a seperate company?
CM27

Similar issues going on in Beresford!

200+ additional houses going in at the back with one entrance/ exit through beresford - I think they've just carved up Donabate for the developers without any forward thinking or planning

not objecting to the actual development but better local infrastructure and in beresford case an independent entrance is needed to prevent the boom time mistakes
1stimer

Very high density according to the FCC website. Not in keeping with Donabate. Maybe I'm missing something but I would have thought demand would be more towards 3 bed houses than 2 bed? Wonder what the trends are in the likes of Beresford and Rahilion.
Derek

I had a read of the planning notice near the gate in to the field where the site is. The actual notice appears to be written on Fingal Co Co headed paper or has the councils logo on it. So is the development being being built by the council, or for them? The land in question may be owned by Fingal... :o
1stimer

Derek wrote:I had a read of the planning notice near the gate in to the field where the site is. The actual notice appears to be written on Fingal Co Co headed paper or has the councils logo on it. So is the development being being built by the council, or for them? The land in question may be owned by Fingal... :o
Hi Derek, went for a walk with the dog (so I didn't look too suspicious!) and checked two site notices up near Beresford and on Turvey. Was it a logo on the top right hand corner? Think it must be some form that has to be downloaded and filled in. These were signed by the developer/planner and not FCC..
Derek

1stimer wrote:
Derek wrote:I had a read of the planning notice near the gate in to the field where the site is. The actual notice appears to be written on Fingal Co Co headed paper or has the councils logo on it. So is the development being being built by the council, or for them? The land in question may be owned by Fingal... :o
Hi Derek, went for a walk with the dog (so I didn't look too suspicious!) and checked two site notices up near Beresford and on Turvey. Was it a logo on the top right hand corner? Think it must be some form that has to be downloaded and filled in. These were signed by the developer/planner and not FCC..
Hi1sttimer. Talk about coincidence! I was also looking at anther planning notice elsewhere too today and it also had the Fingal co co logo in it too. Looks like Fingal has gone all corporate and decided to brand planning notices in the colours!
TheBlowIn

1stimer wrote:Very high density according to the FCC website. Not in keeping with Donabate. Maybe I'm missing something but I would have thought demand would be more towards 3 bed houses than 2 bed? Wonder what the trends are in the likes of Beresford and Rahilion.
The current Beresford phase is probably 80% 3-beds, with the rest 4-beds and just a few 5-beds. The 4-beds in particular were heavily oversubscribed. From memory, the proposed new Beresford phase is mainly 4-beds but also has 3-beds, apartments etc.

Density limits are defined in the Donabate LAP, but as with most planning limits here, they seem to be pretty elastic...
Vlad the Impaler

What sort of market do two bedroom houses cater for?

They aren't suitable for growing families for example.