Programming Lessons

brehontech

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if there is a demand for computer programming lessons for Donabate beyond the coderdojo efforts. Either on a 1-2-1 basis or otherwise?

An example would be for students in college who need a boost for their course or a business person who needs to understand more about a technical area or a person interested in building their own dynamic website for a business idea.

--
All the best,
JP
(BrehonTech).
blow-in

Hi JP,

This may be something I would be interested in - I am working in IT a long time, but have recently toyed with the idea of learning programming - more as a hobby / extended learning, than a career! I appreciate you may be at the early stages, doing some research regarding interest, but wondered if you have any idea of the structure, language(s) you may be using?

Are you thinking of a classroom type environment, with assignments etc, over a period of weeks part-time?

Would love to hear more.
jayflame

This might be a good place to start
https://coderdojo.com/

It is for the young, but I'm sure there are plenty of links available
brehontech

@jayflame
Thanks for the reply, but I was thinking of providing something beyond coderdojo and want to see if there is a demand for this type of class or service.