Samphire

tsuzmir

Ken
Site Admin

Finally got to eat in Samphire last night. I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

I had Risotto for starter. It came with smoked fish and was really good (I know not everyone is like smoked fish). The rice wasn't over done which is common so I was impressed.

I had lamb for main course. It wasn't hot, I'd say warm at best. I like it rare and it was a bit on the chewy side. However sauce and veg were top notch.

We had a fruit meringue for dessert. Wasn't what we were expecting, but was very nice and well presented.

Overall it was very good value for money and we will be back. Service was on the slow side, but not to the point where I would complain. The problem does appear to be in the kitchen as there were plenty of waiting staff.

The décor could be improved. The curtains need to be taken out and shot. It's not a big restaurant by any stretch of the imagination so they need to make the most of the space they have. It's the best view in Dublin and they should capitalise on that.
Regards,

Ken.
SB123

We had the pleasure of a first time visit to the Samphire last night. It is without fault. The food was fantastic. Beautifully presented, amazing flavours, fish cooked to perfection. We booked a table for the end of August on our way out.

If you're planning a night out where you want the food to be just right, book it!!
Harry Byrne

We have had two very good dining experiences here, not a bother with anything. Wonderful chicken and lamb dishes and the miniature warm loaves of bread are great.

All seats seem to have a sea view and the service and value were top notch.

Very lucky to have this restaurant in Donabate.
pat mustard

I was hesitant about going here after hearing about slow service etc as im a bit of a nutjob about this.

Went a month ago with the wife. everything was great. couldnt fault a thing. sat outside for an hour beforehand taking in the weather.

Took friends last weekend, again everything was great. well paced service. crab mousse cleanser and delicious tapenades/fresh breads provided as part of deal.

had fresh oysters, and monkfish this time round.

prev the scallops and lamb.

great wine list,good to see that.

the staff were 10/10, well done Tibor.

we are lucky to have this gem on our doorstep.

piling up there again at the end of the month with other friends.

Im a grumpy fukker but nothing to grump about here.

well maybe one thing, how about a few different beers in the fridge in bar apart from usual display of bud/heiny/carls/coors etc. its a depressing sight in Ireland these days.

roll on the craft beer pubs, quiet a few in Dub now. I dont expect it here but get some in.

loads of cracking craft beers around (irish) and no reason for not having some qual foreign stuff like budvar , paulaner , staroprmen etc. think we drank them out of Erdinger.
EAMO888

Been twice.

Lovely food, decent price. Although I had a food card voucher that worked the first time and then the second time did not. Probably the night manager f**king up but sure maybe they shouldn't have taken it the first time.

Service was good. Relaxed, not in a we're not professional way but I mean in a we're not stuffy and trying to turn the table quickly kind of way.

Get the seat by the window for a lovely view. Its a credit to the area so I hope Cheffy and staff keep up the hard work.

I had the pork and GF had the lamb off the set menu. Cracking meal.
GOS

Sounds lovely, can't wait to try.