Vodafone - no service

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Sydney

I got a text about 10 days ago telling me of possible service interruption. True enough, I had no service a lot of last weekend but now I've had no service again today.
We have 4 vodafone mobiles in the house - they're all the same.

Anyone else without service...?

:?
estuarine

I've had the same yesterday and today but, in fairness, since they texted in advance I've no complaint about it. They are short outages anyway. Apparently they're working on improving coverage and I'm all for that. I find the indoor reception where I am quite poor and if you've ever had to take a call on the far side of Newbridge House you'll know how weak the coverage is there.
Ken
Site Admin

Got the text on one of our phones, but I have to say that there have been no problems at the top of the Beaverstown Road. We have 4 phones on Vodafone in the house.
Regards,

Ken.
Missey

it's like living in a bomb proof shelter here in Portrane - never a signal on any network - the whole neighbourhood knows when you are on your phone - you have to go outside to talk :lol:
Roadrunner

The signal from Three is shocking in Carr's Mill...indoors or out. Might invest in a satellite phone! Are the only masts in the train station/macari's/keelings? Are there any beyond the school on Beaverstown Road?
Ken
Site Admin

Nothing north of the schools that I know of in Donabate. I'm sure there are a couple in Rush though which may be serving that area.

Service at the top of the Beaverstown Road with Vodafone has always been bad. When we moved in 18 years ago, I could only get a signal if I stood at the front gates. A couple of years later, that improved so I could get a signal at the front door. At the moment, I have to be at the front of the house or else I lose the call.

It's incredible to think we have such primative mobile service so close to a major city.
Regards,

Ken.