Challenge Fingal County Council

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
padraig

In the light of An Bord Plaenala's approval and following a conversation with someone who attended the Community Council Working Group Meeting last week, Monday, for the Proposed National Forensic Mental Hospital at St. Itas Portrane, I have been lead to believe that the Public Right of way can only be amended in a vote by Fingal County Council.

I would challenge everyone who reads this Forum to write to our local Councillors at Fingal County Council (including Paul Reed, the executive Chairman).

http://www.fingal.ie/your-council/your- ... uncillors/
(Councilors contact details)

Demanding that Fingal County Council cannot agree to the change of Public Right of Way till the issues as raised by Local Residents and Fingal County Council are met. Namely the Construction Traffic passing through the village of Donabate (what happened to the By-Pass/Haul road that Fingal County Council suggested) and the security issue of building this facility in our community for elderly residents and our young children in the area.

It is my opinion that if Fingal County Council vote in favour of the change of Right of way through the grounds of St. Itas Portrane they definitely do not have the best interest of residents of Fingal and Donabate/ Portrane in mind, bearing in mind they have already lost the previously proposed site in Thornton Hall (which coincidently is also in the Fingal area) and are putting the councils own desires before the needs of the people.