New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
donnelbg

Yeah I should add that I absolitely love the house, the area and all the great amenities on the doorstep such as the village, beach, Newbridge, the bird sanctuary, etc etc. Great place to live!
John Blowick

Ken wrote:
diggerbarnes wrote:What's the deal with the golf course being developed? Is it closing down?
Sounds like lands adjacent to Beaverstown. AFAIK, it's still going strong. Turvey is classed as farming land so won't be developed as things stand.
Golf course going from strength to strength..they have a great bar and restaurant a really friendly atmosphere and all local people are made welcome .

All footie and Gaa on the big screens ...whats not to like about that ..Pavilion memberships are a steal at €50.
Lainey_B01

Hi Apples,

We moved into on second phase. All houses pre-wired for alarm which means it's the cheapest solution as don't have to go down route of wireless. We got alarm from local provided usee, very impressed. A lot of neighbours have used same.

Eir Virgin & sky all can be accessed. Note there is a stipulation on Contract of sale so preventing dishes at front if house. We have Virgin and very happy with speeds.

Attics done by 3rd party. Seems to be one or two popular providers. We holding out on doing ours at later stage but if intend doing it sooner our advise is to do it before you move in.
TheBlowIn

donnelbg wrote:Eir for me have been a disaster, Virgin are pretty good but at present are providing about 6 Mb/s instead of 250 the promise.
If you're getting 6Mb/s over a wired connection then it's worth contacting Virgin and complaining. We had multiple issues (slow speeds, dropped connections etc.) with the original Technicolor modem, and eventually Virgin replaced it with a new Compal unit. Seems to be much more reliable and we regularly get very close to the 240Mb/s advertised over a wired link. According to the Virgin technician, the access node that serves Beresford has plenty of capacity, so the service shouldn't degrade much as more customers are added.

Wireless is obviously more variable, but again the Compal unit seems to have better performance.
donnelbg

Thanks! New modem on the way and turns out there was an outage that day anyways.

They also dropped the price to 25 p/m for 4 months. A good crowd Virgin.
Apples16

Lainey_B01 wrote:Hi Apples,

We moved into on second phase. All houses pre-wired for alarm which means it's the cheapest solution as don't have to go down route of wireless. We got alarm from local provided usee, very impressed. A lot of neighbours have used same.

Eir Virgin & sky all can be accessed. Note there is a stipulation on Contract of sale so preventing dishes at front if house. We have Virgin and very happy with speeds.

Attics done by 3rd party. Seems to be one or two popular providers. We holding out on doing ours at later stage but if intend doing it sooner our advise is to do it before you move in.
Thanks Lainey!
Apples16

John Blowick wrote:
Ken wrote:
diggerbarnes wrote:What's the deal with the golf course being developed? Is it closing down?
Sounds like lands adjacent to Beaverstown. AFAIK, it's still going strong. Turvey is classed as farming land so won't be developed as things stand.
Golf course going from strength to strength..they have a great bar and restaurant a really friendly atmosphere and all local people are made welcome .

All footie and Gaa on the big screens ...whats not to like about that ..Pavilion memberships are a steal at €50.
Are you talking about Beaverstown Golf Club or Donabate Golf Club?
newtodonabate

donnelbg wrote:Hi apples16,
When we bought our house it was provided the exact ame as the plans, no changes allowed. So you had to convert the attic after purchase. Conversion costs I've heard about 10,000.

Best of luck!
Checking attic costs now, seems to be in the region of 14K before VAT.
Btw, did anyone avail of the VAT refund scheme? looks like the policy excludes new builds, so I'm wondering if there's a chance for us to get it for Attic conversion, flooring etc...
Ghjk123

Austy,
Sent you a PM
mcloughle2

Hi Donabate Residents

we are currently in the process of applying for one of the new Type C houses in Beresford and i am finding all of the info here very useful. Would prefer to get the attic converted before moving in if successful. So any information from people who have got that done would be grea.

thanks
Apples16

Does anyone know if there any plans to link Beresford to Beverton (i.e. pedestrian path/turnstile etc) to enable people to get to the train station quicker?

Also, is there a playground planned?

Thank you
TheBlowIn

Apples16 wrote:Does anyone know if there any plans to link Beresford to Beverton (i.e. pedestrian path/turnstile etc) to enable people to get to the train station quicker?

Thank you
The planning permission shows a pedestrian link to Beverton Close (as far as I remember) and a playground, so both of these will have to be provided. Fingal's planning website seems to be playing up but it has all the site plans etc. for the development.

Best bet is to ask Hora when these will actually be provided.
mcloughle2

just been to see a house in Beresford. Type C, nice houses however al of them are quite overlooked and no south facing gardens. sure you cant have it all i suppose.
Last edited by mcloughle2 on 22 Sep 2016, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
McLovin

Those documents are 10 years old
newtodonabate

Apples16 wrote:Does anyone know if there any plans to link Beresford to Beverton (i.e. pedestrian path/turnstile etc) to enable people to get to the train station quicker?

Thank you
Area for playground is actually already being developed, not sure about the path though.
John Blowick

Apples16 wrote:Are you talking about Beaverstown Golf Club or Donabate Golf Club?
Sorry only seeing this now ..I was talking about Beaverstown....I must say they really make you feel welcome and the place looks magnificent with the good weather and all the apples nice and ripe.

This is a great facility which all local residents should avail of ...
newtodonabate

Dear future neighbours :)
We'll be moving in the next few months and started looking into security home systems. Hora recommended USEE and we got a quote from them, did anyone go with other suppliers? currently living in an apartment so not sure how good/bad the devices and features they offer.

Thanks!
Apples16

John Blowick wrote:
Apples16 wrote:Are you talking about Beaverstown Golf Club or Donabate Golf Club?
Sorry only seeing this now ..I was talking about Beaverstown....I must say they really make you feel welcome and the place looks magnificent with the good weather and all the apples nice and ripe.

This is a great facility which all local residents should avail of ...
Thanks, looks to be good membership deals at all three golf clubs in the area right now -nice to have a choice!
Lainey_B01

Hi,

We went on usee but only after doing our own research. Didn't realise Hora recommended them also.

Usee came in on top. Great service delivery, app which allows you more control, pricing competitive & it's a local Donabate business.

Hope this helps!
ppoppa

We went with Task Alarms , the owner Brian is from Donabate and has a free app with no monthly fees.
newtodonabate

Thank you for the replies!
Teddy Ruxpin

Just a heads up to all residents and any people thinking of buying in Beresford that a planning application has been submitted for 286 new dwellings immediately north and adjoining to Beresford housing estate.

It seems the development is independent of Hora.

Access to the new development will be through the entrance to Beresford and will no doubt result in higher levels of traffic and access problems.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/a ... heTabNo=11

More details can be found by searching for Planning Reference F16A/0535 on Fingal County Council website.
Austy

Hi Teddy

The owner of the land and Hora are separate, it could well be that Hora will be building the new houses. I think that Hora build under a licence and that the owner of the lands does all the planning and design through their own development company.

Have you seen any of the drawings for the development? Apart from a very poor quality on one of the 5 documents listed on Fingal Co Co, I can't see anything.

Austy.
donnelbg

That is a LOT of units. And a few 3 storeys as well. I'd like to get a look at the drawings
Austy

There's a few very basic drawings of what the site will look like in some of the documents on the planning website.
I'd be most concerned about the introduction of apartments into what is an estate (and adjoining estates) made up of houses only. The other thing is vehicular access - how are cars etc. going to get into the estate with no direct link to the road? Will they all be going through Beresford or and they going to try and put through-ways in Beverton?
Aside from the houses, bringing that number of people into the village (along with the other proposed developments around the place and the development of St Ita's) how are the roads going to cope? There's a crash on the Hearse Rd on a weekly basis almost. The trains are overcrowded, the bus...the less said about the bus the better.

I think I'll ring Joe Duffy.