Waterside Hotel

Monti

I was on to the Waterside earlier to arrange a night out at the weekend. I wanted info on the courtesy bus and was told that it had been withdrawn as there was a new company in place for the past 3 weeks. Anybody know what is happening?
Austy

From what I heard, the hotel got into difficulty recently and an administrator was appointed. It could be that an agreement was reached to sell the hotel to another party or that the administrator is still in place. Either way, they seen to be trying their best to keep it open and ruining. 7 of my family stayed there last weekend and said they made up about half of the bookings. Pity.
Ken
Site Admin

They went into Administration about a year ago. It only lasted about a week. Not good if it has happened again so quickly.

Hopefully it will be resolved and the jobs will be saved.
Regards,

Ken.
davidp

Hi All, the hotel was sold to Choice Hotels so hopefully we will see changes for the better :)
Ken
Site Admin

davidp wrote:Hi All, the hotel was sold to Choice Hotels so hopefully we will see changes for the better :)
That's good to hear.
Regards,

Ken.
Mr. Stupid

It has amazing potential. Amazing views. Right beside golf clubs / beech.
Banana

its the same crowd that own the Gibson hotel in town. but no mention of the waterside yet on choice hotel their website so maybe they are going to shut down and refurb in new year- they haven't exactly gone all out on the christmas decorations either !

so is samphire still there or is it closed ?