Historical Society, where art thou

Discussion for Donabate/Portrane Local History
sigyn

Hi, I'm a local sixth year student studying History for the Leaving Cert. For the exam we're required to fill out a report on the most esoteric topic we possibly can, and I think St Ita's fits the bill as well as being quite interesting. I'm trying to get in touch with the Donabate Historical Society to see if anyone there couldn't point me in the direction of some primary sources, or even give me an interview, but I swear I'd have better luck tracking down the head of MI5 :lol: Does anyone on these boards have an email or something I could use? I'd really appreciate it.
pat mustard

typed it into the T'internet and this appeared .......

Donabate and Portrane Historical Society
Peadar Bates, Secretary
Rahillion, Donabate, Co. Dublin
Tel. 01 8436091
peadarbates@eircom.net
Ken
Site Admin

I think that's your best bet. They don't have a website as far as I'm aware.
Regards,

Ken.
Donabate Hatter

They don't Ken, I did offer to help them set one up, but after an initial contact I never heard from them again!!
Ken
Site Admin

Regards,

Ken.
Wolf J Flywheel

I don't think Peadar lives at that address anymore but he may still be using the email address.

If you have a look in the library they should have a copy of Donabate & Portrane - History published by Peadar in 2001 which may have what you are looking for.

You say in your post that you are looking for information on St Ita's, I'm presuming that it's the hospital you are talking about and not the football club? :)