New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Austy

Dan wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 23:56 Hi all, just wondering if you can help us out. We have bought a house in Beresford Crescent and will be moving in shortly. We are looking for a reliable cleaner to come in and do a proper clean down of the house before we lay carpets, etc... Do you have any recommendations of people you have used? Thanks in advance.
Dan
Hi Dan

I'd recommend you buy a wet/dry vacuum in the likes of Aldi/Lidl for about €40 and use it (without a bag) to vacuum the floors. It will clean up all the little bits of dust. After that it's just a rub down of all the doors, window boards and counter surfaces. All told it should take you a few hours.

The reason I say that firstly, the houses aren't that bad dust wise when you move in and secondly, a regular cleaner is unlikely to be any good at cleaning a bare house without the right equipment.
I used a regular household vacuum on mine and it was never the same again!
Darragh_12

Hi guys

Can you advise what is included as part of the white goods from Hora? We also bought in Beresford court with the finish date of July.

Regards
Darragh
Markr1492

Hey Darragh,
Microwave, oven/grill, dishwasher, hob, fridge and freezer.

Very good quality products as well.
EndOfTerrace

Newtoarea wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 10:18 Congratulations to those who have moved in and are nearly there, very exciting. Estate looks lovely. We have bought in the Court 39-46, due to be completed in July... but houses only half way up at moment so not sure how realistic July is😱. Hopefully the weather will stay good which would help.

Have some questions that hopefully one of you will be able to answer?

Are the bathroom floors tiled or left bare?
Anyone get tiled floors in kitchen diner?
Any recommendations for a tiler?
Has anyone gotten built in units either side of fireplace in sitting room and if so any recommendation for a tradesman?

Sorry for lots of questions and thanks in advance for any info.😀
We have just moved in to the Court and are over the moon. Snagging was minimal and completed in a couple of days.

We got sauco gris wood effect tiles from RPT and they are gorgeous. Tiler was a bit of a character but did a class job. PM me for details.

We are in the process of either building or getting units built in the alcove - will let you know if we find someone to recommend.

Anyone who's in-does your dishwasher just give off a blue light or does it say actual numbers?
Ebmk

Hi, We have a blue light but also a small screen with numbers and icons. We had to call Mick the plumber to check something for us and he had one of his guys over to us within the hour.
EndOfTerrace

Ebmk wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 06:51 Hi, We have a blue light but also a small screen with numbers and icons. We had to call Mick the plumber to check something for us and he had one of his guys over to us within the hour.
Thank you for that!

Can I also ask if anyone in the estate has gotten a Nest thermostat installed and if so could they recommend an installer?
Gillchan

The houses are so warm and well insulated that I wouldn't be bothered with a nest installation. Even if you return home and the heating hasn't been on the house is not cold. Save your money for a water softening system!
newresidents18

Hey! Has anybody heard anything about snagging yet for the court for houses 24-33?
philipfarmer

Latest I've heard is ESB are holding up things from being completed. They are due on-site next week (Tue/Wed) so lets wait and see if that happens. Once that's done, then a proper snag can be done I guess.
JCO

Also heard the ESB is holding it up. Apparently next Tuesday is when they will be out. Really hoping this is our last delay. Frustrated at this stage.
SarahJoe

Markr1492 wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 15:33 Hey Darragh,

Hello,

Do the white goods some as standard or are they part of a deal if you sign within a certain time frame?

RunningAround

SarahJoe wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 21:43
Markr1492 wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 15:33 Hey Darragh,

Hello,

Do the white goods some as standard or are they part of a deal if you sign within a certain time frame?

Once contracts are signed within a reasonable timeframe I doubt they would not include them, not sure how strict the 4 weeks really is.

My advice would be if you are having delays with contract signing to be very open and honest with Hora.
They are really great to deal with as long as you are keeping them in the loop.
NiamhCoo

Hello
I find this forum very helpful. We are also moving in to Beresford . Would there be any interest in me setting up a Facebook closed group where we could
1 exchange building and decorating information of houses and gardens
2 discuss particulars involving the estate 🏡 and it’s community
3 organise events throughout the year and get to know each other
4 address any negative issues which may arise in the estate such as maintenance problems in general areas etc
If people who have bought in Beresford are interested I will set up a closed Facebook page and put the details here .
Let me know what you think.
Jay

NiamhCoo wrote: 10 Apr 2019, 08:09 Hello
I find this forum very helpful. We are also moving in to Beresford . Would there be any interest in me setting up a Facebook closed group where we could
4 address any negative issues which may arise in the estate such as maintenance problems in general areas etc
If people who have bought in Beresford are interested I will set up a closed Facebook page and put the details here .
Hi Niamh, that's a great idea. I'd defo be interested. Thanks.
Bsah14

Hi,

Has anyone had their attic converted in a 3 bed? Just wondering how long the work took to complete?
Residents19

I'd be interested in this, thanks 👍🏻😊
NiamhCoo

Closed Facebook Group created just Search
“Beresford Donabate Residents”
I will add you .
Looking forward to getting to know people .
Niamh 🙂
AmyMcC

Great idea, thanks Niamh!
Really find this page useful, thank you to everyone for all the information. We will be moving into a four bed on the court hopefully in June 🤞🏻
evebros

Great idea about the Facebook group, thanks for organising Niamh!

We just had our attic converted and it took 10 working days.

If anyone living on the Court reads this, I called Panda as none of the black or green bins were collected today. They will send out trucks to collect them tomorrow, so you should leave your bins out tonight!
Markr1492

We are in the Court and our black was emptied but our green wasn’t. Fair play on ringing Panda!
wes87

Hi, very interested in join the group - can't seem to find it on Facebook search though

*EDIT - Found it
Zo123

Hi all

Did you get a structural review/engineers report done prior to moving in? Not talking about snagging.
If so could you pm me details on who carried it out for you?

Thanks
albert

Zo123,

I had propertyhealthcheck.ie inspect my place - quite a thorough report 👍
DandS

Hi Niamh,

Great idea! Could you add me too. Sent a request on FB.
S
Thanks
Therese

Thanks Niamh, I would like to join the group. I've sent a FB request. My husband and I bought in the crescent, due to move in August.