Scrumdiddly's

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
gremlin

Loo wrote:Here we go again. Sunny Saturday afternoon. Tailback at 3pm yesterday back to Newbridge. Had to go around the estuary to get home.............Crazy :cry:
I understand that particular tail-back was due to a funeral in the church which involved a walking procession to the graveyard. Nothing to do with Scrumdiddly's.
1stimer

I got caught in both of those traffic jams - one going to Scrumdiddles and the other heading down to Portrane. People for the funeral parked on both sides of the road so took 30 mins to get from SuperValu to St Pats School. Heaven forbid if there was an emergency it'd be a nightmare.
Loo

Apologies for any offense caused by complaining about the tailbacks on Saturday - I didn't know about the funeral but going out yesterday to Bruce Springsteen, had to allow extra time to get out because of Scrumdillys! Concert great but traffic bad.....................
Donabate Hatter

'but going out yesterday to Bruce Springsteen, had to allow extra time to get out because of Scrumdillys!'

But that's life, I had to leave extra early on Friday to get to the match at the Aviva because of the extra traffic for the Springsteen concert!!

DH
Baggiesmalls

100% agree should be spending that money on their ESB bill
jayflame

Coming home tonight, spotted a lad wearing a Scrumdiddly's top, carrying a black bin liner.
It looked to me that he'd been picking up rubbish as there was none to be seen for a change.

If he had been out collecting rubbish, fair play.
If only Romayo's did the same.
pat mustard

Well the customers could always put their rubbish in the bin or take it home, a bit of personal responsibility.

I can even do that after a foggy Friday night soiree in town on the martinis. :D
Fr Jack

When there is a child badly injured or killed because of the idiotic parking and the tail back stretching back down the Hearse Rd,something will be done about it then. Can't believe some of the morons parking antics. No way would I waste an hour or more of my life qeueuing for ice cream.