New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Ste

Stella wrote:Hi All,

I have noticed a few houses have a canopy/shed on laneway at side of house, can anyone advise who did this for them? Have searched online but no luck.

Thanks a mill!

Hi Stella,

try Rory/Made of Stone - his number is 0862841196.
Apples16

Hi all,

Who do people use for rubbish collections, and would you recommend them?

thanks
Apples16
Kerryblowins

Hi Apples16,

We use Panda and from what I've seen most do. You pay a fee when registering that covers brown and green bin collection. Black bin is charged per collection. Collection is Early on Wednesday morning. Happy so far.
Apples16

Kerryblowins wrote:Hi Apples16,

We use Panda and from what I've seen most do. You pay a fee when registering that covers brown and green bin collection. Black bin is charged per collection. Collection is Early on Wednesday morning. Happy so far.
Thank you
daradonabate

We use Panda as well, no problems and easy to deal with
Apples16

I see Fingal County Council are having a public consultation on Newbridge Demense this coming Sunday (30th April 10am to 1pm).

Not sure if they do this every year, but I wonder have they ever considered a direct entrance from Turvey Avenue?

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but from a Beresford perspective an entrance (even a pedestrian one) would be so handy...
Quello Serio

I made an enquiry about this last year, the reply was:

"I have received further correspondence from our Parks Superintendent. They have stated that “This is a complex request which has been around for a while.  There are a number of strategic issues that need to be addressed regarding a safe crossing with appropriate sight lines, budgets for same etc.  Apparently the road does not lend itself to a crossing at the required location,  This matter is being looked at by our traffic and strategic infrastructure colleagues.  One these strategic issues have been addressed it is a fairly straightforward matter for operations to provide a new path within the Demesne.”
I hope you find this informative."

In summary: Nice idea, not a priority, don't hold your breath.
Mr. Stupid

I'd say you'd be looking at:
1. Newbridge park gate - 2021
2. Dart extension - 2043
3. Walkway to Malahide - 3089
Apples16

Just on the telephone/broadband. Am I right in thinking the houses come with the phone socket already in place -so that all you need to do is plug in a modem (and setup an account with the provider)?

Thanks
pat mustard

Mr. Stupid wrote:I'd say you'd be looking at:
1. Newbridge park gate - 2021
2. Dart extension - 2043
3. Walkway to Malahide - 3089

I'll add to that

4. Bakery 2025
5. Mandatory Blue cars 2030
6. Garda hot hub spot 2055
7, removal of effn speed bumps 2054 (everyone in drones)
Bill_Lumbergh
Site Admin

pat mustard wrote: 5. Mandatory Blue cars 2030
I've lived here nearly 10 years now and I still don't get the blue cars joke!
Flatfoot

I think its

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7AM3HttKsM

flogged to death
cbc

Does anyone know if these houses are sold out? They are nolonger listed on Myhome/daft. Thanks in advance
Austy

They are sold in phases, best to talk directly to the developer for details. Not always on Daft.
cbc

Thanks, i did email them but have go no reply. I'll try again.
Austy

I'd suggest ringing Aidan Hora instead of email. His number is on the website
Austy

New information has been submitted in relation to planning for the Beresford extension.
CM27

An update has been received from Fingal County Council in relation to the planning application F16A/0535. As residents, we now have until June 1st to lodge any additional observations against the proposed development.
Those who previously submitted observations can do this free of charge by emailing planning:@fingalcoco.ie
Please visit www.fingal.ie for the updates relating to the planning application.
Please email us at beresford.donabate@gmail.com if you wish to be added to the mailing list and/or have any queries you would like addressed. Also, if you would like the BRA to lodge an observation on your behalf, please contact us.

Those who previously submitted observations can do this free of charge by emailing planning:@fingalcoco.ie

Kind regards,
The Beresford Residents’ Association
Bcshocst2017

Hi Everyone!
I was thinking of buying in Beresford eventually and it's great to see the various bits of information here.

I was wondering if childcare is available in Beresford or thereabouts?
And if you would recommend the estate ? I have looked at other houses in the area but feel the option for a new home and the cash back are the best ones for me now. Although now I am reading about all the new planning..need to look properly as I am not sure if I understand it all.

Thanks in advance
Salf

Bcshocst2017 wrote:Hi Everyone!
I was thinking of buying in Beresford eventually and it's great to see the various bits of information here.

I was wondering if childcare is available in Beresford or thereabouts?
And if you would recommend the estate ? I have looked at other houses in the area but feel the option for a new home and the cash back are the best ones for me now. Although now I am reading about all the new planning..need to look properly as I am not sure if I understand it all.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

Yes, there is a creche in Beresford. Couldn't offer any personal recommendations though but I'm sure others on here have children in there.

Any other questions just pop them up here as people are really good at coming back with info.

Thanks
Salf

CM27 wrote:An update has been received from Fingal County Council in relation to the planning application F16A/0535. As residents, we now have until June 1st to lodge any additional observations against the proposed development.
Please visit http://www.fingal.ie for the updates relating to the planning application.
Please email us at beresford.donabate@gmail.com if you wish to be added to the mailing list and/or have any queries you would like addressed. Also, if you would like the BRA to lodge an observation on your behalf, please contact us.

Kind regards,
The Beresford Residents’ Association

Just to say that the email address is planning@fingalcoco.ie
... a rogue : seems to have appeared in the above :)
Mr. Stupid

Does anyone know when the railings between Beresford and Beverton are going to be opening up for walking access (appreciate there is no driving)? Are they all being opening up or just some of them?

Thanks
TheBlowIn

Mr. Stupid wrote:Does anyone know when the railings between Beresford and Beverton are going to be opening up for walking access (appreciate there is no driving)? Are they all being opening up or just some of them?

Thanks
The pedestrian access is only between Beverton Close and Beresford. Details for this were submitted as part of the Additional Information for the new planning application (F16A/0535). Looks like it needs Fingal's approval, presumably because most of the access ramp is on the Beverton side.

According to the docs it should take a month to build, plus whatever time Fingal take to improve the design. Better keep your fence-hopping skills sharp in the meantime...
TheBlowIn

Bcshocst2017 wrote: And if you would recommend the estate ? I have looked at other houses in the area but feel the option for a new home and the cash back are the best ones for me now. Although now I am reading about all the new planning..need to look properly as I am not sure if I understand it all.
Personally I think it's a great place to live and I'm delighted to have my family here.

There are planning concerns with the proposed new phase, which are outlined in this thread, but hopefully the planners will listen to the multiple concerns raised.
TheBlowIn

Reminder that submissions on the Additional Information provided for F16A/0535 must be lodged by June 1st. A few of these are on the Fingal site already, but there should be many more to come given the initial response.