Donabate CC Boys Uniform

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
mammy2

Anyone that disagrees with the ET herd must be mad. If that is your only line of argument well you have very little to offer. Simple choice one uniform to be proud of or 1000 versions of Dunnes Stores grey.
Lynx

Our son is attending DCC first year in September... Can anyone give a rough indication of the school uniform costs? Trying to budget way ahead to avoid nasty surprises :!:
Susan

diggerbarnes wrote:It's disgusting. They are there for an education, not a fashion show. Or to line some insiders pockets. Pity it's not an educate together secondary school.
I think the point of a uniform is the exact opposite to a fashion show.... Everyone is the same and wears appropriate clothing. I bought my son's tracksuit, tie, and jacket in Grants. I bought the white shirts, shoes, and trousers in Dunnes.

Not only will having to dress in suitable attire for an occasion (like real life) be a bit of a shock to the ET kids, they are also going to have to learn how to respectfully address their elders. How will they ever adjust. :shock:
Ken
Site Admin

I wouldn't call addressing teachers by their first name as disrespectful if that's the school norm. My son is in ET and there is no less respect for teachers and staff. I see the surname thing as old fashioned and wish it would go away. It generally doesn't exist in the workplace these days.

In terms of uniform cost, it's best to contact Grant's on Manor Street directly. They are the official suppliers for DCC. The costs change from time to time and they can advise you of current costs and requirements. Their number is 01-6791626.
Regards,

Ken.
mirror

Lynx, I don't know the costs because the prices might have changed since my child started but you can now wear plain navy trousers and plain navy track suit bottoms , which I'm sure you can pick up for a lot less some where else . Unfortunately the rest of the uniform is crested with exception to the white shirt. My child left his PE gear behind one day and he never got it back. I genuinely thought that someone had taken it by mistake and when the parents where doing the washing they would notice that this track suit was not theirs especially with my child's name written all over the inside but no, that was the last of that. Tell him / her to take care of their things because it's too expensive to be replaced.