Romayos

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
bevertonian

Have been here a few times now and can't understand why they are so slow, it's the same workers must be different system, have to say food not as nice as Macaris also noticed one or two prices different from leaflets to the price charged - ie Chip Butty 3.00 on leaflet in shop price 3.45, also the pizza special is gone up to 5.95 when it used to be 5.00 - What do others think?
rudy

well at least i can order it online now which is good and they have a few seats in there to eat in which is handy but i agree the food isint as good as macaris but still good enough :)
loraine

Hi

I would definitely agree that service much slower as orders have to go through computer system and food definitely very disappointing. Chips no longer locally sourced and cut on site but bought in in bulk. Chip portions much smaller. We used to get one portion and it did 2 of us but now it totally different. It seems like different meat supplier as burgers definitely not as juicy or tasty.

Maybe now I'll start to lose weight as I leave the chipper dinners behind.
Jed

Pipers all day long,won't be touched by any chipper in Ireland!
bear

We were in there a few weeks ago.Pizzas not as nice as they used to be and the chips were awful.The old staff who were always friendly and chatty looked miserable and the new staff need to go back to the charm school for a refund.
Banacht

I have to agree, the quality has gotten terrible, the last pizza we got was burnt, chips soggy and grease, and the orders are usually wrong or missing one thing or another. Pity!
alkaline

I agree with all. A definite downturn in quality - Sammy ran a good place, good luck to him in retirement.

They make you pay first which adds to the delays.
EAMO888

Pizza is still very good in my opinion. The Chinese blows it out of the water though. I do wish the owner would relax on the parking outside though, he acts like a looney, traffic cones when they're closed and all.
Ken
Site Admin

My Dad likes his fish and chips and he thinks the quality is still good.

I thought they didn't bother with the cones since it changed hands? Scrumdiddly's isn't too busy these days so probably not a problem for them. The summer will be different.

I thought Sam was fair enough about the parking. There's a lot of competition in the village for take away and he couldn't afford people to go somewhere else because Scrumdiddly's customers were parked outside his premises. It was crazy during the fine weather.
Regards,

Ken.
Mr. Stupid

I miss having chats with the old owner. He was a real character. Good luck to him!

Also felt very sorry for them in the summer when the scrummies were parking outside his shop. It had to have affected business and stress levels.

More bad planning regarding planning Fingal. Just make the train station free to park in at weekend and then have a pedestrian crossing over to the scrummies and chipper.

Then everyone is happy.
jayflame

Never really liked the food or service from there previously.

Checked it out for service and quality again.

One thing I can say that appears consistent;

Neither failed to disappoint.
Dubgirl

Bring back Sammy. Ate here last week, curry sauce is awful now, pizza bases have definitely changed and the sausage in batter was definitely of the frozen variety. Won't be back..
Vlad the Impaler

I personally thought the pizza hadn't changed at all. Garlic sauce that came with it was quite tasty.

Never liked the curry sauce from there before anyway - Piper's do a much better curry.

Strange that Pipers never tried doing Southern Fried drumsticks and thighs though.
Quello Serio

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Strange that Pipers never tried doing Southern Fried drumsticks and thighs though.
No, thats not strange. Strange is Dubgirl having curry sauce with her pizza. That, is strange.
Vlad the Impaler

Ok, let's be clear; Romayo is Romeo ... Sammy's brother.

The shop has not been taken over by McDonalds or KFC.

If you have a problem with your pizza, complain to the pizza chef. Same guy.
Dubgirl

I know it's the same pizza guy but the ingredients have definitely changed. I'm not the only one to have commented on it (maybe not here but in the real world)
Vlad the Impaler

Actually, I think you're right about the pizza. Seems to be lacking sauce. Kids didn't finish theirs, which never happened before.