To the people with badly installed house alarms

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
micropoodle

....usually installed as a nixer, which by the way can invalidate your house insurance....

Whenever there is a power cut, a properly installed and maintained house alarm will automatically go onto battery backup and continue to operate as normal.

But like tonight, there are several alarms going off at 1am when the power went. So thank you for waking me and y family up and clearly not giving a damn because the same thing happens with your alarm every single time there is a power cut.

Spend a few quid and get it done properly please. If nothing else, so that your home insurers can't refuse to pay out if you ever made a claim
Ken
Site Admin

Amen to that. Lay in bed last night listening to the chorus.
Regards,

Ken.
micropoodle

To be honest had I not gone to bed before 9pm last night due to being up at 4 this morning for a flight I wouldn't have posted such a trivial complaint on a night when there was so much more to complain about.

I hadn't seen the news prior to the power cut.

I suppose my complaint still stands though
diggerbarnes

There's bad stuff happening in the world every day while lesser stuff is going on. What's with the holier than thou attitude?
jayflame

I posted before about house alarm's going off on a Sunday afternoon, ruining a quiet day.
All these 'false' alarms do is cause people to ignore what could be a real incident.

If your tv was not working properly, you would fix or replace it.
Do the same with you smoke and house alarms
Mr. Stupid

It has got to the stage that people are afraid to talk to the neighbours about this sort of stuff and instead use social media. I do it myself.
Aster

If I could figure out which of my neighbours owns the house alarm that goes off every morning around 7am (I'm guessing when they leave) I would speak to them about those few seconds of blaring alarm that they obviously don't consider a problem.

There are four working people in my home, covering three shifts. Your blaring alarm is not okay.
pat mustard

if its regular, take some morning air at 6.55 one day. "case sol-ved" as Clouseau would say. :D
blow-in

I wonder do people realise that these houses are also prime targets for break-ins? If you have an alarm going off constantly, it signifies 2 things - 1. no-one is in and more than likely not monitored 2. neighbours ignore these houses
Star

Hi
Just to play devils advocate here but if they aren't at home when the alarms are going off I would think that most aren't aware of the extent of the problem.

Not everyone is up to speed with all the funtions of the alarms & may not check for alarm activations etc.

Perhaps a note through the door advising them their alarms are going off could be a step towards a solution?
micropoodle

i happen to be at home the past couple of days and there seems to be a constant drone of alarms going off. when one stops, another starts within 20 minutes or so. Is it like this every day? May be more noticable today because i'm working on the garden because off the nice day
Ken
Site Admin

It's constant. I'm at the top of the Beaverstown Road and there always seems to be one from the Cois Inbhir direction.
Regards,

Ken.
dublin

Before I cause significant noise pollution, anyone got a recommendation for a good alarm supplier then?
Ken
Site Admin

dublin wrote:Before I cause significant noise pollution, anyone got a recommendation for a good alarm supplier then?
Give Brian a call on 086 1732246. He's local and knows his stuff.
Regards,

Ken.
jayflame

Someone close to Jeelings, needs to give Brian a call after their house alarm going off throughout last night,.
5 times during last night - not pleased to say the least.
was close to going out armed with my wire cutters to cut the cables and silence the darned thing