Turvey Villas

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Molly2015

Viewing a property to buy behind the Turvey Golf Course Club House ( Turvey Villas). Apparently not that well known to the numerous Donabate residents whom I requested directions from.

Any feedback about this area of Donabate would be greatly
appreciated from anyone who is in the know.

Anti- social behaviour ?
Future developments on the surrounding land?
The community spirit ( if any )?

All feedback welcome as this is a major financial decision to make.

Regards,
Moll
Ken
Site Admin

Hi Moll,

I think very few people know that there are apartments there. I only found out recently when I was part of a search for a missing dog. I have never heard any mention of issues up there and it's well tucked out of the way so I'd doubt there is much to worry about.
Regards,

Ken.
Derek

Those Apts were sold off the plans around 20 years ago with free lifetime membership of the golf course. I agree that it should be safe enough up there.
Molly2015

Derek and Ken. Thanks so very much for your interesting feedback. If I am successful in the purchase you guys will be first on my guest list. :D
Star

Hi Molly,

We've been living there for a number of years now & love it. Its very quiet now, there had been a bit of bother with teenagers and messers in general getting in and out of the old club house but I can't remember when the last time that happened. the new owners seem to be very active in keeping the place free from trouble makers.

I really like that no one really knows we're there too. The taxi's and takeaways do, which is important :)
Its a real mix of young families, couples and retirees too which I think makes a nice balance.

You can walk into the village through Newbridge Park at the end of the road which is quite nice.

I hope it all works out for you.
Molly2015

Star!!! You are a star! Thanks so much for the feedback. Also on my guest list.

Moll.
Aido82

Maybe look into the scramblers thread on this forum. That may effect you.
Missey

I know somebody who has just bought there - they are very happy