upc broadband

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
topsyturvey

Hi..i'm in beverton and since late last nite our upc broadband is down - is anyone else having the same problem ? Have tried to call them but customer service not available even tho its a 7 day service and website also seems to be down.... i'd be grateful if anyone has any info..
micropoodle

I believe since they announced the price increase their customer service lines have been mysteriously having problems.

Maybe try them on twitter? No idea what their response time on there is though
UPC broadband working fine for me in Somerton.

If you have an Ethernet cable you could try plugging laptop in directly to rule out a wireless issue.
topsyturvey

Thanks for your comments micropoodle....dont know what happened but it's working now
Derek

My UPC is down again since 11:45. Anyone else similarly affected ? Contacted technical support who are investigating but say this isn't a widespread problem. But they said the same a while back when most of the village was down.... :shock:
Miley

We've been down most of the day too in the Links. I saw a UPC guy doing something with cables earlier today (around 2pm). Back on now about an hour so touch wood the problem is now sorted.
Derek

Still up and down I'm afraid! Down currently....
Miley

About 5 mins after posting earlier internet went down again (using 3G on phone now). New customer with UPC and not impressed (no TV either). It's been gone pretty much all day now. Really hope they sort this out tomorrow.
Derek

I've nobody at home to check, but the good news is that I can ring the phone, but the bad news is the online modem check through UPC's portal is failing.

More interesting is that I'm just out of contract with UPC so it'll make for very interesting negotiations.. :D