Donabate Nude Beach

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Donabatewannabe

Hi folks. Still looking in the area. Quick question : what is the current status with the nude beach at Corballis. It seems to be listed on some sites I darent click into as a rendezvous for unusual tastes. Is it an issue? Would it stop you using Donabate beach ever or at particular times? Is it out of sight out of mind? Does the reputation attract an unsavoury type of visit around that area?! Would you think twice about letting kids off to explore the beach? So many questions - forgive me I've only just learnt of its existence!
Mr. Stupid

The 'Yes' side were using it a lot coming up to the referendum. Apparently even Panti was out after taking a quick de tour during canvassing.
Donabatewannabe

Thank you for your reply Mr. Stupid - after 104 views you are the first to - but online there are far more unsettling activities promoted than a bit of Panti waving and not just one community ; ) I am genuinely asking a serious question though and I would be very grateful to anyone who's willing to (brave enough to?) engage with it. Specifically are there (dodgy) cars travelling up and down the road between the village and the beach at all hours of the night? Is there really anything to be concerned about living close by? Does it impact on the general enjoyment of the beach? Are the local kids warned - don't go down that end of the beach or how do villagers manage it? Or is it a thing of the past? Many thanks again to anyone who might be tempted to offer some consoling words!
Ken
Site Admin

I've lived in Donabate 18 years. I've heard of the nude beach, but have not heard of any unsavory incidents. It's supposedly used by geniune naturists.
Regards,

Ken.
Donabatewannabe

Thank you Ken!
patsman

There was a headline article in the Sunday world a couple of years ago. The headline read "DUNE AND DIRTY" it was about gay men on corballis beach.