Gay Marriage Yes or No?

All political discussion belongs in here!

How are you going to vote in the upcoming Marriage referendum?

Poll ended at 12 May 2015, 15:11

Yes
93%
No
No votes
I couldn't give a rats
7%
I don't know
No votes

Total votes: 15
Mr. Stupid

My own thoughts:

Yes:
- Better treatment of gays, as should help people realise being gay is not a big deal.
- Marriage is a good thing for society, so good to extend it
- Statement that we are modern, open, tolerant country
- Better protection for kids who already have two gay parents.
- IDA, Twitter, children's charities, and a bunch of celebs are telling us it is the way to go.

No:
- Some kids may not like the idea of two Mam's and two Dad's. Nobody knows for certain, we can just make best guesses. I know gay's have kids anyway without marriage and some straight people have them without ever getting married. So, marriage and kids don't always go hand in hand but let's face it, most people see marriage as something they do when they are thinking of starting a family. Marriage will have that sense about it for the forseeable future anyway.
- Some Gay people are saying Vote No and do a pretty good job arguing their points. Check the Late Late from last night.
- Contradicts God's law (depends on your view of God etc). No going to go into this any further myself but again it would be a reason some people would vote No.

I would be over at the Yes side myself as I think the arguments for Yes are stronger than No.