Which swimming pool?

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
oirishfruitie

Where do Donabate residents go to swim in a pool?
Ken
Site Admin

The two closest that I know of are Energie in Swords and ALSAA (not the main ALSAA building, but he swimming pool beside the airport terminal). Problem is that both require membership only.

Energie is a gym and only do full membership, not swim only so works out around €600 per year. Adult swim times are also restricted around kids lessons, but it's not too bad.

ALSAA is cheaper. There is a membership option for €199 and then you pay a fee every time you use the facilities. However, as the Aer Lingus swim team train there, access for public swimming is limited and may not suit you.

Others may be aware of other options.
Regards,

Ken.
Lo-cal

There is also Sportslink which is a little further past ALSAA, near Santry. Click on the following link for full details:

http://www.sportslink.ie/swimming/swimming.htm
Jabba

We use Sporkslink and its fantastic for all the family, you pay a nominal amount every three months and then pay as you go as you use the pool. They also offer swimming lessons as well.
brigid

Hi,We are going to Clondalkin.There is a guy does swimming lesson for kids €50 for a month if only 4 weeks in a month then €40. His phone number 086 308-4259 and I think they have a facebook page also Josephs Swimming School. He is really good,I reccommend him!
Bill_Lumbergh
Site Admin

There's also Roganstown although I think you need membership there also.
blowin1

I'm a member of Northwood, obviously that little bit further than Sportslink, just did my renewal €225, thats all in for the year, all the classes in the gym etc, I love the place as apart from early Sunday morning, its never been too busy that I cant do lane swimming.
Banana

Portmarnock pool is great and pay as you go, for kids funtasia in drogheda is good for a wet Sunday, ballymun pool also good , very clean. I bring my kids to swim lessons in energie in swords and portmarnock for a family swim
Hope this helps !
Vlad the Impaler

Trinity College. Just get off the train at Pearse and the gym is across the road.

Public membership is EUR 399. Your kids are then free.