Anti Social Behaviour.

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Pedro

I just can't comprehend what kind of parents can allow that to happen - 10???? The mind absolutely boggles!
Spider wrote:We've just had a crowd of delightful little individuals sitting on our wall, shouting abuse, teasing the dog and throwing stuff at the door. 11 o'clock at night and these kids, some who looked as young as about 10, are out and about hassling people in their own homes. We are in Hazelwood and they are from the estate next to us. I recognise most of them and doubt going to the parents would make any difference. So, if you are sitting at home now, watching telly and your relatively young kids are not at home, ask yourselves where are they and what are they up to?
Spider

16 year old daughter has just told me that these same kids give her grief every time she walks through their estate to get home. They call her names and tell her she's ugly. This is a kid who suffers from depression and has huge self esteem issues. I am so angry right now. What do I do?
Pedro

Probably best doing nothing, you're bound to be angry but you will always come out second best if you take matters into your own hands. Try to keep calm and keep dialling the Gardai, every single time they appear. As a previous poster said - if they get enough calls they will show a presence.

I feel for your daughter, teenage years are difficult without that added abuse and bullying, poor kid :(
Spider

You're probably right but it seems so unfair. Guards will do nothing because they basically can't really.
Ken
Site Admin

I'd still report the disturbance to the Guards so it's on record. If it's not reported, you can't bring it up in the future. It costs nothing to at least report it.
Regards,

Ken.
beachboy

I see some shits spent there time debarking a tree last night at the front of the hazelwood estate!!! If I saw the little shits doing it, I would have debarked them with a swift kick in the you know what!! Little shits!! Really annoying to see such vandalism!!!
turvey61

I would be obliged if anybody can help me.Between 17.30hrs on Fri 18th July and 15.00hrs on Sat 19th July,my car was either criminally damaged or was struck by another vehicle in Turvey Drive.The damage is extensive and the culprit,if it was a motorist,did not leave a note.My car is a wine coloured ford focus.If anybody witnessed this episode,any information would be greatly appreciated.
Spider

That's awful Turvey, I hope you find the culprit.
turvey61

Thanks Spider.
bronorton

Looking at houses around here at the moment.

Is this behaviour still ongoing?
Mr. Stupid

Yes. I think if you can make an appointment with robbers as soon as you move out and they will steal everything in your house for you.
bronorton

Wow that sounds awful!

Are all the estates around as bad? or is it Cois Inbir specific
diggerbarnes

Well the houses in Cois Inbhir only have three stories and 6 bedrooms. Dross of society. The rest of us make out just fine with private security firms, gated estates and the like. Don't be fretting, it's not Malawhite.
Mr. Stupid

I was speaking to the scumbags only just there this evening on skype and they said they really enjoy robbing anyone new to the area. They call it a virginity stealth :-)
Last edited by Mr. Stupid on 15 Feb 2015, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
BRUCE

I don’t live in Cois Inbher, but I do live very close to it. The lads are having a bit of a laugh with you. Yes, Donabate, like everywhere else, is not immune to burglaries. I’ve moved to Donabate in 2006, and I haven’t been robbed yet.

I think Donabate is a great place to live.

Although I am considering putting in an offer on this place in Malahide.

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... in/2986602

/mod edit: fixed link
BRUCE

diggerbarnes

Small pool.
pat mustard

Does it have an outside toilet?
Mr. Stupid

Unfortunately we were outbid in that house you posted in Malawhite, so decided to buy 15 houses in iDone-abate instead. We are going to rent 14 of them to the HSE and then try again for Malawhite next year.
Erin72

bronorton wrote:Wow that sounds awful!

Are all the estates around as bad? or is it Cois Inbir specific
Hello Bronorton
I do live in Cois Inbhir and have done for the last 9 years. When this post was originally put up last summer I was upset because it was done in anger yes we do have some trouble with one or two of the town houses as some are rented properties but to say other children in the estate are anti social as a parent of young children on the road and i know most of the children I'd say one or two maybe a little cheeky but not anti social it is one of the better estates in Donabate to live and the resident association go out of there way to make all of are annual event great days for kids and adults ie Santa at Xmas, Easter bunny,and the event of the year our summer BBQ. It's amazing how just one comment can turn a really great and one of the most sought after estates into the worst estate in north county Dublin. I would live no where else and my family are in close proximity to the family that this post was generated about.
Derek

pat mustard wrote:Does it have an outside toilet?
never mind that, does it have electricity?
patsman

What is this Malawhite crap I know its its from Mr stupid can he not spell or is he just trying to be funny/smart
jayflame

I have just found out, a taxi I booked, the driver was mugged outside Keelings at 0630 this morning.
The poor chap was assaulted.
I hope he is OK.
Apparently, it was a couple of teenagers
He was not a local cab driver as it was company booking.

Crazy to hear of this happening in the high street and at that time of day.

Bring on the CCTV.
Vlad the Impaler

Yeah, I saw the guards around the village this morning and talking to a householder in the Fairways.

Hope the wee shits were caught on camera.
micropoodle

There are enough cameras around now that hopefully they will be caught. Problem is no doubt they don't give a sh1te because they know that a judge will give them a suspended sentence. That's not a fact but it's very very likely