pathetic

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
pat mustard

Know anyone in hospital at the moment?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/hse- ... 56871.html

"Dr O'Connell chaired the new Emergency Department Taskforce, which was set up to tackle overcrowding - and met for the first time a fortnight ago."
Derek

Indeed it is pathetic and I for one am appalled that people will take to the streets en masse about water charges, yet seem to take the abhorrent state our health service as it is. The amount of money shovelled year after year into the HSE should more that provide a decent health service. There are too many vested interests mixed up in this to allow real reform. Thank god that James Reilly is not running the show because he and Mary Harney represented to me all that was wrong with our country, and not just the health service..
Vlad the Impaler

I agree. Report after report has shown that poor management is the root cause. Unfortunately this country does not replace bad management in that sector.
BRUCE

Absolutely no doubt that the health system in this country requires extreme improvements.

But guess what, there is another problem… the population.

Almost two out of five Irish adults (38%) are overweight. In addition, more than one in
five (23%) is obese. (These figures are a few years old, and have increased since, & will continue to increase no doubt)

Apparently Ireland has has the highest % of adult smokers in the OECD.

Irish people consume more alcohol per capita than people in most of the OECD. & no, it’s not funny, nor is it something we should be proud of.

The reality is the health system is the doctor, and he/she is up to his/her eyes with obese, drunk, smoking, unhealthy patients.

I shop in super value swords on occasion. There are isles that i practically never walk down. It really is quite amazing how much crap or food like products are consumed by the public.