Beverton Terrace Houses Donabate

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Donabate Lad

Good Afternoon,

Can someone answer a question for me if possible.

Thinking of buying in Beverton Donabate.

There are a few houses and i was just wondering does anyone live or know of what these Terrace are like in general?? I have never lived in a Terrace house so just wondering are they noisy, depends on neighbours etc etc etc.

any feed back kindly welcome,

regards,

D.L
SMcG

Hi DL,
Living in Beverton myself just over 2 years. I'm in a semi-detached but my next door neighbours are in a terrace. They have 4 young children and a dog and never hear a peep 'through the walls' . There's a small galley by their front door for their bins also so no need to wheel them through the house.
Hope this helps!!!
claned

hi,

We live in one of the terraces and have no problems with noise. The neighbours kids the odd time can be heard when they scream but thankfully doesn't happen that often.

The houses are really well built for energy efficiency, our house is rated A3, so I'd imagine the insulation in the walls is better than most and as such dampens any noise.
Mr. Stupid

claned wrote:hi,

We live in one of the terraces and have no problems with noise. The neighbours kids the odd time can be heard when they scream but thankfully doesn't happen that often.

The houses are really well built for energy efficiency, our house is rated A3, so I'd imagine the insulation in the walls is better than most and as such dampens any noise.
Save a few yoyo's on the bills with that A3. Fair play.
Donabate Lad

Cheers guyz. Much appreciated. Checking out a few of the properties so lets see what we think. Good to know that kids are not heard that often either. Interesting!! Can i ask what kind of money was paid for a 3 bed going back in the day i know but they roughly what 4-5 years old? Thanks D.L
SMcG

Have a look at the property price register website. They go back to 2010 and would show all prices that houses were sold for then! In 2010 houses in Beverton seemed to be going from anywhere between €280k to €340k.
https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/We ... s=Donabate
claned

We live in Meadows, moved in 5 years ago and prices then were €350k for end of terrace and €320k for mid-terrace. We benefited from a price reduction that the builder introduced just before we bought, but there were people further up the road who paid between €30k-€50k higher.

I believe the terrace houses down the back of the estate went for silly money as they were sold during the peak.
Austy

The current builders in Beverton will be starting a new estate (160+ houses) to the left of Beverton if that makes sense, further out Turvey Ave. There will be semi-detatched 3 & 4 beds built. You could ask the guys on site there currently working on for details, I know that about 60 people have shown an interest. Hora is the name of the construction company. I'm in one of the new builds in Beverton, A2 energy rated and exceptional quality, I'm sure the new ones will be at a similar standard.
Donabate Lad

Cheers for all that guys. The house we wanted gone too high a bid so will keep an eye out for more. Regards.....
Darsy

Hi all,

I want to ask you few questions about the houses at Beverton Meadows. I will use this old thread so that all the info is at one place. Is there a short cut to the train station or it is only through Turvey ave? Are attics good for conversion and lastly - do you have a parking spot? (I know that you don't have a dedicated one, but is there a rule that each house should have at least one out of the 6 available or something like that) :roll: ?

Thanks a million in advance! :)
Austy

Hi Darsy

No short-cut to the train station I'm afraid, but it only takes about 10-15min walk to the station. Regarding attic conversions, I know one owner there has converted recently and put a dormer style window on the back (planning permission required) so you could ask them.
As for parking.....I have no idea but the same cars always seem to be parked in the same spots every day.

Austy