fund raising fishing event for EVAN MAUNDSLEY

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Melted head

[ hi just a gentle reminder ,on saturday october 25th ,a fund raiser fishing event will take place on portrane beach , This is being organnized by close friends of EVAN. Evan worked very hard from a young, young age as a fisherman ,while the likes of me slept safe and sound on solid ground,he never complained to me about the dangers linked to his work or the hard work.

things start at 10 am portrane beach. entry fee 20 euros ,big thanks to those who did all the work getting this started, you know who you are .

more info available on facebook (Evan Maundsley Fishing Tournament). Hope to see u all there it's for a great cause!!:)
Bill_Lumbergh
Site Admin

What's the cause?
Pedro

Bill_Lumbergh wrote:What's the cause?
A headstone for Evan's grave.
Derek

I haven't sea-fished for years but I'd be tempted to give this a shot. The tides look good too, there' a spring tide on Saturday that peaks @ 1pm.
Donny Bate

How much money was raised for this good cause and what fish were caught?
Melted head

This is Evan's girlfriend Hannah here... I find your question regarding 'How much money was raised for the good cause..?' very offensive.
If you were there on the day itself.. you would know what fish were caught and how much we raised for my boyfriend's headstone.
I would appreciate if you didn't post any future comment's about Evan or 'how much money was raised?..'. The money myself, Evan's friends and his brother's and sister's raised, is not ANY of your business no more than your financial state is mine.
So dont be so insensitive at this time, your comment has offended a number of people close to Evan.
Derek

Hi Hannah. I was down on Saturday but unfortunately I couldn't find my fishing tackle and couldn't partake, but I did make a small donation and wished you all well before I left whilst the competition was still in progress. I had a chat with a few lads on the beech and most hadn't caught anything at that stage, but absolutely everyone was in very good spirits and fully supported your efforts and the worthy cause.

Whilst I won't ask what you raised, what I will say that some may ask you this in good faith, particularly if the question comes from someone who actively supported you all on the day, and who like me, genuinely do not not the outcome because for whatever reason, they weren't there at the end.

Once again, I hope all targets set were met, if not exceeded and it is no less than you all deserve given the hard work and effort you all put in.
Melted head

Hi Derek, Hannah here.
Thanks so much for your donation last Saturday, it was very much appreciated.
The comment I posted last night was only in response to the previous comment posted. I understand people are naturally interested in the total raised for Evan's headstone on the day, but myself and the others who helped organise the day itself, feel it's not appropriate to ask that kind of question or for anyone to post that information on a public page where anybody can see, and if I'm being totally honest the comment posted before mine last night came across as disrespectful and rude. As I said last night, I found it very offensive.
Anyone who was there on the day itself is aware that it was a great success and we all did Evan very,very proud. Hopefully this will answer any further questions for people who feel the need to post future comments on the matter of the money raised.
I do want to say a huge, sincere thank you though, to everyone who showed support and generously donated last Saturday towards my boyfriends headstone. Your generosity and kindness means a lot at this sad time.