prefab behind church

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Melted head

i was told today about the plans to remove the prefab in the grounds ,correct me if i am wrong but could it not be put to use as a contact point for young kids toseek guidence if they are struggling with childhood depression ,our young kids ,teenagers may not want to travel to SWORDS HSE APPROVED CENTRES ,

given i attended the funeral on sat morning last of a 23 year old lad from the parish ,can they not go to this prefab to get much needed advice as suffer due to the greed of those in life that dont care about anyone else but themselves ,

land of saints and scholars my ass, land of wats in it for me and how much,,wink wink,

who in the parish was told about this disgraceful waste of money mdidnt the dept, of education pay over 100.00 euros for this room ,did our church have to pay to get it moved to its present location behind the church ,

surely to god we can avail of this prefab and put it to use ,or is it like our kids NOT WORTH SAVING ,,,THINK ABOUT THAT IN FINGAL CO,CO, PLANNING AS YOU DESTROY SOME THING OF VALUE IN OUR PARISH ,
Derek

Couldn't agree more. We have a beautiful church and Fingal allowed those ghastly apartments to be built practically on top it. And then they cry foul over a portacabin? Their heads are up their arses.
micropoodle

Derek wrote:Couldn't agree more. We have a beautiful church and Fingal allowed those ghastly apartments to be built practically on top it. And then they cry foul over a portacabin? Their heads are up their arses.
did Fingal order the removal or is it a church decision?
Donabate Hatter

As I understand it, people in the houses behind the Church complained and it is this that has led to the removal, I believe the Church wanted to use it as a Sunday school while Mass was on etc.
Ken
Site Admin

Sounds like they didn't have planning permission for it.
Regards,

Ken.